Terms of Reference (ToR) Conducting
The University of Palestine has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) - Education to Work Transition Project/Additional Financing - Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: Bridging the Skills Gap of the Software Engineering Students at the University of Palestine to Enhance International ICT Exports. Accordingly, the University of Palestine seeks the selection and employment of qualified Freelancing Trainer.
University of Palestine is considering the selection of a highly qualified Freelancing Trainer, which will cooperate in the implementation of some of the main project activities involving practical training of 25 trainees consisting of academic staff and senior students from the software engineering department. Trainer will be mainly responsible for developing the training materials, as well as implementing the training courses to improve the capacity of academic staff and senior students of the software engineering department.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Trainer will be required to carry out the following tasks under direct supervision of the project director:
- Develop an action plan for conducting 40-hour training sessions. This includes the main topics to be covered, and the types of evaluation methodologies used;
- Develop the necessary theoretical and practical training materials, contents and related resources for the technical training based on the feedback from labor market needs assessment. These training materials will be reviewed by the project director and Unit One Group for Technology;
- Conduct technical assessment for trainees and provide related recommendation on their technical development plans to identify their needs and shortcomings;
- Conduct 40-hours technical training sessions for ICT academic staff and senior students;
- Design and implement tools to measure the training impact and to provide individual. recommendations for the trainees;
- Provide criteria for the selection of trainees or any prerequisite courses;
- Participate in meetings and workshops related to the project activities;
- Submit a detailed report of the implemented tasks and associated deliverables; and
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the project director concerning the training.
Qualifications & Skills:
Qualified consultant should hold the following:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or any other field relevant to the trainer’s field of training experience. Master’s degree is an asset.
- At least 5 years of proven experience in in the field of Freelancing and self-employment.
- At least 2 years’ experience in designing and implementing technical training and workshops in relevant fields.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (word processing, spread sheet, etc.).
- Excellent communication, writing and networking skills in both Arabic and English. - Ability to work under pressure.
The technical trainer has to deliver the following:
- An action plan for conducting the assignment including (training matrix, topics, methodology, objectives, outcomes, materials, assignments, source of references, timeframe) within one week after signing the contract for the Project Director’s approval.
- A successfully delivered training course consisting of 40 hours intensive training course (theoretical and practical) to develop the technical skills and knowledge of the software engineering academic staff and senior students.
- Detailed report including the final assessment of the trainees' accomplishments, training outcomes, the required recommendations and success stories and testimonies. Approval on the submitted report from Unit One Group for Technology and project director is a must.
Level of effort and time frame:
The assignment should be delivered to the selected academic staff and senior students within 19 days/40 training hours; this consultation service depends on the approved training plan submitted by the consultant.
Place of work: University of Palestine
Contract Type: Lump Sum Contract
Contract Period: 12th of Dec 2019 – 31th of Dec 2019
Expected level of effort: 40 hours
Interested qualified applicants are invited to send their CVs, cover letter via email to email@example.com no later than 25th Nov 2019 12:00 PM. The selection process follows World Bank recruiting policies and procedures. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.