Role and Responsibilities
Have thorough knowledge of area market including all competitive properties and area demographics.
Establish an effective working relationship with all department store managers and other key merchants, including specialty tenants to understand and drive sales.
Manage property’s capital to budgeted levels.
Direct the preparation and implementation of the marketing budget.
Direct and supervise the marketing and PR team.
Collaborate with Mall management team to develop and execute comprehensive, research-based strategic planning that directs marketing efforts to enhance asset value by actively participating in the leasing process (permanent and specialty), driving sales, and generating alternative revenue
Monitor, control, and adjust, as appropriate, marketing budget and alternative revenue goals to meet year-end projections
Control and supervise the public relations and marketing agencies with the goal of fulfilling contractual agreements. Communicate with the agencies as needed or required to ensure that the marketing and public relations activities are in line with the goals set out by the client and the Mall management
Monitor footfall and turnover performances
Communicate with the General Manager and Portfolio Manager as needed or required. Elements of communication may include sales narrative, marketing for leasing, marketing for sales and marketing for alternative revenue efforts and effectiveness or results to ensure that the client and team are kept apprised of marketing activities in the property
Maintain and manage mall website, mobile application data base and email postcard program
Track and document retailer participation in mall activities
Track, photograph and produce results summary reports for all Retailer Sales Promotions, retailer collaterals and on-mall event advertising
Prepare monthly retailer newsletter, press release drafts and merchant communications
Have thorough knowledge of the area market including all competitive properties, area and customer demographics and available media
Effectively execute an advertising program to enhance tenant sales and generate percentage rent
Coordinate special events and community relations program to support merchandising efforts to the level necessary as outlined in the strategic plan; work with retailers to involve them as appropriate; track and produce results summaries to determine impact on center traffic and sales
Develop and implement local and corporate sponsorship opportunities that will generate additional revenue for the property; document and track all sponsorship proposals and programs.
Special Event and Marketing Program Management
- Concept, planning and implementation of all event initiatives.
o Mall sponsored community events, merchandising events, fundraising events, tourism events, third party / partner events and retailer-based events
- Establish special event budget and manage event costs.
- Provide Marketing Director with planning and progress for each event.
- Prepare event notifications outlining responsibilities to ensure event needs are communicated to department heads and teams.
- Document each event and create event recaps that include photos, return on investment, retailer / partner results, press clippings, tear sheets as well as event summary.
- Preparation of promotional materials and collateral to support events.
- Orchestrate merchant participation in Mall sponsored and endorsed partner events.
- Select and order premium items to support events and ongoing programs.
- Oversee Platinum Club programs and initiate activities and outreach.
- Attend community functions to promote the Mall.
- Oversee Bunny & Santa photo operations.
Social Media and Public Relations
- Set annual and quarterly goals for Social Media platforms.
- Work with digital marketing coordinator to set social promotional calendar.
- Establish social media strategy.
- Oversee social media voice to maintain brand consistency.
- Establish annual press release distribution plan and manage schedule.
- Create press releases.
- Direct 3rd party writers and bloggers.
- Provide direction and oversight of social media program.
- Maintain press list and keep contacts current.
- Respond to media inquiries and escort approved media on property.
- Complete formal media training.
- Respond to media inquiries when applicable.
- Qualify and grant media interviews when applicable.
- Coordinate merchant participation for print and broadcast PR purposes.
- Meet with media contacts along with General Manager.
- Organize and calculate Mall press clippings.
- Identify cash sponsorship opportunities and potential partners.
- Prepare sponsorship packages.
• Work in partnership with General Manager to negotiate sponsorship terms and conditions
A minimum college degree or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in event management
- Social media knowledge and strategy skills
- Public relations skills
- Well rounded oral and written communication skills
- Supervisory experience
Shopping center or other entity event management experience
- Negotiation skills
- Proficient in use of computers particularly Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience in developing and implementing a marketing plan, goals and strategies
- Budget preparation and variance control
- Managing advertising agency and event partners
- Public relations
For those who are interested to in this position, please send your CV to hr@Lacasaholding.ps before 1st Nov 2019