Deadline for Applications: 11 July 2020
Contract Type: Fixed-term appointment of 3 years including 1 year probation period, with the possibility of further extension, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need of the post.
Vacancy Announcement Number: VN/WB/052/2020/X
Duty Station & Department: Field Office Jerusalem - Relief and Social Services Department
The main responsibilities include: In accordance with Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
- Assists the Field Eligibility and Registration Officer in the implementation of instructions, manuals and procedures governing eligibility and registration activities, through verifying samples of the total monthly registration transactions performed by Field/Area Registration staff to ensure compliance with the established guidelines;
- Follows-up on the implementation of plans and assists in the daily work of Eligibility and Registration staff in the Field Office and in the Areas; follows-up on the registration transactions of recommended, pending and approved new registration applications to keep track and ensures that work is carried out in a consistent manner;
- Assists in investigating and studying complicated cases including amendment of family and individual particulars to ensure that accurate measures are applied and assists in verification requests for refugees status received from inside and outside UNRWA;
- Monitors, analyzes data, extracts statistics concerning refugees and drafts reports and correspondence for his/her supervisor's signature to ensure consistent and completed reporting and documentation;
- Supervises the family files archives as instructed by the supervisor to protect them from damage or misuse
- Assists in training of Registration and Eligibility staff to ensure their efficient and consistent performance; supports the Divisional administrative tasks, including budget preparation and expenditure monitoring; may acts for FERO during the latter absence;
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors
Conditions of service
Monthly basic salary: USD 1410.70, payable in JD at UN monthly exchange rate Other benefits include:
- Provident Fund contribution (7.6 % of basic salary staff member contribution, 15.2% of basic salary paid by the Agency)
- Dependency allowances (if applicable)
- 30 days of annual leave
- Compulsory medical insurance
To qualify for this position, you will need:
Education A university degree in Business Administration, Demography, Population studies or related discipline
Work experience At least three years' relevant experience of which at least one year should be at a supervisory level
Language(s) Excellent command of spoken and written Arabic. Good command of spoken and written English.
The incumbent is required to travel within the Field in performing his/her duties, thus must be willing and qualified to drive an Agency vehicle in the course of duty. Work may include irregular working hours/days.
Computer literacy including spreadsheets & data base.
UN Core Values of Professionalism, Integrity and Respect for Diversity and Core Competencies of Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results apply by default. Default managerial competencies may apply. In addition, the following Functional Competencies apply:
- Learning and Researching
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews: https://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=AYI
How to apply:
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process. The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.