UN Volunteers should be provided equal duty of care as extended to all host entity personnel. Host entity support to the UN Volunteer includes, but is not limited to:
- Introductory briefings about the organisation and office-related context including security, emergency procedures, good cultural practice and orientation to the local environment;
- Support with arrival administration including setting-up of bank accounts, residence permit applications and completion of other official processes as required by the host government or host entity;
- Structured guidance, mentoring and coaching by a supervisor including a clear workplan and performance appraisal;
- Access to office space, equipment, IT support and any other systems and tools required to complete the objectives of the assignment including a host entity email address;
- Access to shared host entity corporate knowledge, training and learning;
- Inclusion of the volunteer in emergency procedures such as evacuations;
- Leave management;
- DSA for official travel, when applicable;
- All changes in the Description of Assignment occurring between recruitment and arrival or during the assignment need to be formalized with the United Nations Volunteer Programme.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Partnerships and Communications Specialist, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
1. Assist in UNDP/PAPP’s in-house audio-visual productions, focusing on the following:
- Assist with filming and production of documentaries and coverage of key events for multiple purposes and audiences, such as campaigns, digital outreach, resource mobilization etc.
- Edit short films for use on the UNDP website, YouTube and at events, in addition to short video messages from senior management.
- Provide coverage of ad-hoc UNDP meetings upon request.
- Compile b-roll material and photographs on UNDP priority areas of intervention.
- Assist in developing and designing infographics and other visual materials that showcase UNDP/PAPP’s work in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza Strip.
- Assist with implementation of corporate guidelines for audio-visual material in line with UNDP’s overall branding guidelines.
- Ensure administrative arrangements for the productions are carried out in close collaboration with relevant programme and operations staff
2. Undertake the archiving of audio-visual material on UNDP/PAPP’s digital assets system, focusing on the following
- Organization and maintenance of the audio-visual materials and equipment inventory including software, storage, tracking, and handling. Archiving includes assigning filenames, pulling technical information, determining permissions, writing descriptions and cataloguing content under appropriate categories.
- Test archive system for searchability of items and to that end update keywords and catalogues as necessary.
- Tests native files, mainly videos and audio, to ensure they meet latest audiovisual standards.
- Assist in the management of UNDP/PAPP’s YouTube channel, Flickr, Instagram, and other internal platforms through posting new material and updating existing footage
3. Assist in the implementation of the overall communications strategy of UNDP/PAPP focusing on:
- Assist in the implementation of activities, initiatives, and programmes to promote public awareness of, and access to, UNDP information and publicity materials.
- Assist in effectively liaising with local media, NGO’s, civil society, and other partners.
- Assist in information gathering for the updating of the corporate UNDP/PAPP website and intranet.
- Develop and maintain an adequate network of national media contacts, communications contacts within UNDP/UN, and international media partners.
- Transform text based communications materials into visual graphic design form, as needed.
4. Provide administrative and communications support to the communications unit, focusing on the following:
- Assist in the translation of communications materials such as brochures, pamphlets, and web documents from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Monitor Arabic, English and Hebrew media and distribute morning press briefs to relevant staff.
- Conduct online research to identify the most appropriate websites and blogs and establish relationships with key bloggers; and support the use of social media, including online discussions.
- Administrative and logistical support including the dissemination of information and publications; assistance at public events such as roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, and interviews.
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources.
- Budgetary support in Atlas, including creation of vendors, purchase orders, extraction of project information and budget revisions, as required; and
- Assist in the day-to-day administrative requirements for the communication unit, such as booking meetings, filling out forms, maintaining work unit files, etc.
5. Assist in the facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on the following:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of training activities that involve media outreach; and
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Assist in UNDP/PAPP’s in-house audio-visual productions and research
- Assist in the implementation of overall communications strategy of UNDP/PAPP
- Provide administrative and communications support to the communications unit
- Assist in the facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Required Skills and Experience
Education – Required Degree Level: Bachelor's degree
Type of degree: Bachelor degree in Communications, Media, Film photography, Business Administration or a relevant field from a recognized academic institution
Required Experience: minimum three years of experience is required
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in editing and production of video and short documentaries, communications and public relations.
- Previous experience with UNDP or UN system is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of video, audio and photo production processes and formats.
- Excellent knowledge of video editing; familiarity with Final Cut Pro and / or Adobe Premiere and solid knowledge of photo editing – familiarity with Photoshop and/or similar editing software.
Language Skills: Proficiency in English and Arabic. Knowledge of spoken and written Hebrew is desirable
Areas of Expertise: Communication, mass media and art
Need Driving License: Yes