Deadline for Applications: 31 January 2020
Contract Status&Duration: Limited Duration Contract for 1 year (applies to external
candidates and internal candidates on LDC); renewable;
Appointment subject to funding confirmation.
Vacancy Announcement Number: VN/WB/013/2020/X
Duty Station & Department: Hebron Branch- Microfinance Department
How can you make a difference?
You will be joining a team of around 4,000 staff in the West Bank Field Office working to foster the human development of some 800,000 registered Palestine refugees The incumbent of this post reports to the Branch Manager and is responsible for performing administrative functions and processing loan applications within the set guidelines and procedures. The incumbent receives general guidance on policy, standards and performance from the field’s administrative officer.
The main responsibilities include:
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
- Maintains and coordinates administrative operations of the branch,including,personnel,supply, security and maintenance;
- Maintains records for branch’s staff including attendance, leaves, and coordinates all personnel requests to MD National Office;
- Maintains the general archiving system of the branch, ensuring safety of documents and easy retrieval of informaion and forms, including client’s files, PMA inquiry and responses, loan applications, clearance, legal notification and registered mail for clients transferred to legal cases and any other records related to branch’s operations;
- Drafts and prepares Branch Office documentations, including, client contracts, notarial deeds, memoranda and other relevant programme documents;
- Checks that loan contracts, supporting documents and data has been properly completed, duly signed and notarised before transfer to the Branch manager for approval;
- Acts as alternative branch cashier; receives payments and issues receipts to clients during the absence of the MD Cashier.
- Receives clients and other visitors to the Branch Office and directs them to relevant staff.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail. Photocopies, collates and binds reports letters,memoranda and training material.
- Arranges and schedules all office meetings in consultation with the branch manager.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned.
Conditions of service
Limited Duration Contract (LDC- Band ML2B)
Monthly basic salary USD 640.40 depending on the professional knowledge and experience.
Other benefits include compulsory medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave pre-rated to the
duration of the contract where less than one year, and family allowance (if applicable).
To qualify for this position, you will need:
Education: Two years post-secondary diploma in business and office practice or business administration or other related discipline.
Work experience:Three years’ experience in office work, data entry and processing in a computerized environment.
Language(s): Good working knowledge of spoken and written English and Arabic.
You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent Knowledge of computer processing skills, MS-Office access and other databases;
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with heavy workload;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail;Ability to organize and plan own work;
University degree in business administration or other related field.
How to apply
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by
creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications
received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of
applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be