Communication for Development (C4D) Officer
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Representative of UNICEF, the UN National Volunteer – Communication for Development Officer will, through technical and operational support, assist programme colleagues by implementing a variety of tasks to promote community engagement and participation, and measurable behavioural and social change/mobilization.
In line with the country programmes’ strategy on communication for development and guided by the principles of human rights and gender equality, and inclusion for vulnerable children and people with disabilities, the C4D Volunteer will:
- Support the National C4D Officer in the implementation of operational strategies, approaches and methods on C4D that cut across programme sectors to enable programmatic gains on priority early childhood development (ECD) and violence against children (VAC).
- Engage in Risk Communication and Community Engagement approaches as they pertain to the effort to stem the spread of the coronavirus and the adoption of positive behaviors
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to coordinate community engagement interventions to enhance C4D outreach and contribution to programmatic outcomes.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop, test, produce and use quality C4D materials to organize events and campaigns aimed at promoting behavioral and social change for target audiences.
- Follow up on the production of C4D materials to ensure technical quality, consistency and relevancy of materials to be disseminated to target audiences (e.g. individuals, communities).
- Support the C4D team in building and maintaining partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with national and international civil society organizations, community groups, leaders and other critical partners in the community and civil society to pursue opportunities to promote for child rights, access to and use of services.
- Undertake actions in relation to C4D, as the opportunity arises
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
University Degree in social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, media, communication, public relations. Other related social science field is an asset
Required experience: 24 Months
a minimum of two years progressive work experience in the field of communication, community development and mobilization, social development. Programme planning is an advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Community participation and development, Social inclusion, Public information and reporting
Area of expertise details:
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in supervising field, Public information and reporting and Development programme management
- Communication, mass media and art, strong media knowledge and excellent use of internet for research
- Community and civil society development
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, excellent oral and written skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in human relief, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
This is a National Specialist UN Volunteer assignment with monthly VLA payment of ILS 4724.83. Only applications from “Palestinians” living in Jerusalem and West Bank will be considered.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup .
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to 'My Page' at https://vmam.unv.org//candidate/mypage and click on the 'Special Calls' hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call with Application Code.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile . Then go to 'My Page' at https://vmam.unv.org//candidate/mypage and click on the 'Special Calls' hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call with Application Code.