Title: Development Assistant
Main Duty Station and Location: Ramallah (Palestine)
Mission/s to: possible travel within the region and internationally
Contract duration: 1 year with 3 month probationary period - extension based on performance
Type of Contract: National - Palestinian citizens or resident of the OPT.
Al-Haq is an independent Palestinian non-governmental human rights organization based in Ramallah, West Bank. Established in 1979 to protect and promote human rights and the rule of law in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT), the organization has special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
Al-Haq documents violations of the individual and collective rights of Palestinians in the OPT, irrespective of the identity of the perpetrator, and seeks to end such breaches by way of advocacy before national and international mechanisms and by holding the violators accountable. Al-Haq conducts research; prepares reports, studies and interventions on breaches of international human rights and humanitarian law in the OPT; and undertakes advocacy before local, regional and international bodies. Al-Haq also cooperates with Palestinian civil society organizations and governmental institutions in order to ensure that international human rights standards are reflected in Palestinian law and policies. The organization has a specialized international law library for the use of its staff and the local community.
Al-Haq is the winner of the 2018 Human Rights Prize of the French Republic and the West Bank affiliate of the International Commission of Jurists - Geneva and is a member of the International Network for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCR-Net), the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network (EMHRN), the World Organization Against Torture (OMCT), the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH), Habitat International Coalition (HIC), the Palestinian Human Rights Organizations Council (PHROC), and the Palestinian NGO Network (PNGO).
The Development Assistant will be stationed at Al-Haq’s office in Ramallah. The main role of the Development Assistant is to support the work of the Development Officer through assistance with administrative support, project and program coordination, drafting of proposals and reports, and communications with partners.
The successful candidate will have experience in creating and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems, drafting narrative reports and proposals, and coordinating with diverse teams. The Development Assistant will also assist in maintaining departmental records, respond to communications from partners, participate in organizational planning, and translate documents in English and Arabic.
He or she will be responsible for the following duties:
Programmatic and Administrative tasks:
- Maintaining departmental records;
- Assist in researching, drafting, and editing proposals for project and programmatic support;
- Assist in coordinating project and program activities;
- Assist in the development of organizational narrative reports;
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategies and other organizational capacity building activities;
- Participate in organizational planning;
- Attend relevant meetings as a representative of Al-Haq;
- Remain available to participate in other activities as needed.
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) tasks:
- Work closely with the Development Officer to support monitoring and evaluation of the organizations projects and programs
- Contribute to the development necessary tools to be used for M&E and for collecting the information related to project and program outputs, outcomes, and impacts.
- Coordinate with various staff members to plan and implement organizational activities.
- Review and analyze collected data in order to evaluate project and program progress.
- Support the Development Officer in maintaining communication with partners and donors, including responding to requests from partner organizations and donor agencies.
- Support the Development Officer to prepare for meetings with donors and participate in these meetings as appropriate.
This description is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to undertake duties that are broadly in line with the above responsibilities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Respect for diversity and gender equality.
- Results orientation;
- Planning and organization;
- Communication and trust;
- Team orientation;
- Organizational development and innovation;
- Time management.
Minimum Organisational Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Technical and Functional Experience:
- At least two years of professional experience in a related field;
- Attention to detail, flexibility, and strong organizational skills are required;
- Knowledge and experience of working in an international environment would be an asset;
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision and work independently is required;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in response to deadlines and organizational needs;
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and the work of non-governmental organizations;
- Computer skills, including: Internet, e-mail, MS Office applications (including MS Outlook);
Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is required.
Applications, including a cover letter, curriculum vitae and three professional references should be submitted by 19 June May 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please use “Development Assistant” as the subject of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Al-Haq is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices.