Sawa is a non-profit organization working to combat all types of violence, abuse and neglect against women and children in Palestine. Sawa is looking to recruit a Development Officer to assume fundraising and reporting responsibilities.
This role includes fundraising, proposal writing, reporting and donor relations management.
• Fundraising and Proposal Writing:
o Raise funds for the activities of the organization.
o Compile and maintain a database of international and local donors.
o Monitor donor websites and research donor organizations.
o Identify new funding opportunities.
o Contact new prospective donors and build working relationships with them.
o Work closely with management and program staff to plan project funding applications.
o Write concept notes, project ideas and project proposals.
o Manage donor communications across the fundraising cycle, from project conception to award.
• Grant Reporting:
o Write compelling and descriptive narrative reports for existing donors
o Liaise with finance department to ensure the timely submission of financial reports
o Collect data for report writing from management and program staff.
o Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests for information.
o Update donors regularly on Sawa’s work and progress in grants’ implementation.
• Development Research:
o Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term funding.
o Work closely with senior management to develop income-generating work-streams for the organization.
o Write promotional material to help promote Sawa.
o Provide drafting and editing support to the compilation of specialized reports.
o Support and contribute to the organization’s planning processes.
The ideal candidate will typically have the following skills/experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (Major in, Communications, Journalism and/or Marketing and international studies preferred).
• At least 2 years’ experience in proposal and report writing (preferably in an NGO context)
• Solid understanding of standard proposal/report writing methods in the non-profit sector.
• Native English (writing, speaking, reading), fluent Arabic.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills in English.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills, with proven skills in multi-tasking to meet multiple deadlines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Detail-orientated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment - a genuine team player.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Individuals with a passion for writing and social change are encouraged to apply. If you are interested in this position and hold the required qualifications, please send your resume by e-mail to email@example.com (No: DEV 8/20) before Thersday the 5th of November 2020 .
** Only CVs in English will be considered.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted