Médecins du Monde Switzerland
Field Coordinator M/F Palestine
Médecins du Monde Switzerland is an International and independent Medical Organization founded in 1980, that provides humanitarian and development aid to those most in need. The organization observes the principles of medical ethics and humanitarian aid and is currently active in more than 65 countries.
Médecins du monde Switzerland, created in 1993, has been working in the Palestinian Territories since 1994 prioritizing the provision of quality care in the field of mental health to people in need.
Under the responsibility of the General Coordinator the field coordinator is responsible for MdM-CH Project Design, Activities Implementation and Monitoring & Evaluation. He/she engages in a constant monitoring of the context of intervention, population needs & other actors’ responses provision, he/she ensures a close supervision of MdM-CH field workers and emphasizes positive cooperation attitudes among all profiles so that MdM-CH actions are coherent with the organization strategy and in lines with developmental best practices. development of MdM-CH strategy and ensure the implementation, the quality and the consistence of the mental health component of the program with partners and MdM coordination team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Social Science, project management or any other related field.
- Fluent English & Arabic, French an asset
- Essential working experience in humanitarian response and at minimum five years in a relevant position.
- Excellent knowledge of development aid best practices and community engagement
- Experience in working with local authorities and partners
- Strong capacities of evaluation, analysis, synthesis and communication
- Experience in the writing of donor’s reports and proposals. Experience in fundraising and donor management an asset.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
Under the line management of the OPT general coordinator, the field coordinator will undertake and supervise the implementation and further development of MDM Switzerland projects intervention in Gaza.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
Project management & development
- Ensures a daily monitoring of the global situation of the Gaza strip and its population (context, question of access, humanitarian & development needs, presence and actions of local & international actors, etc.)
- Initiates and activates contacts with relevant actors and/or partners (local Authorities, Universities, NGOs, etc.)
- Liaises with other MdM representations in the Gaza Strip (MdM-FR and MdM-SP)
- Gives relevant briefings and directions to MdM-CH field workers, in line with MdM-CH strategic plan & projects proposals, as well as with MdM-CH contingency plan
- Actively participates to the Strategic Planning of the organization in the Gaza Strip. Contributes to needs assessments, project design, implementation and monitoring & evaluation.
- Together with the Administrative coordinator, ensures a close supervision of the use of financial resources, participates to the Financial Report and potential grant requests
- Facilitates the communication and coordination with local partners & institutions, specifically the Ministry of Health (International Cooperation Department, the Mental Health Unit, the General Directorate of Hospitals, etc.) and Universities.
- Identify partners, local and international (development organization, people with disability organization, etc.) to further develop project in Gaza.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Develop regular plan of action and regularly evaluate the projects progress in line with the defined project objectives.
- Together with the Senior Medical Consultant and the Mental Health Adviser, ensures the quality monitoring of MdM-CH interventions
- Monitors the respect of MdM-CH Child Protection Policy at all level of MdM-CH activities Ensure the setup of monitoring tools for the partners
- Organize relevant needs assessments and exploratory missions in order to enable attend a less biased analysis in terms of determining the actual need of the affected population
- Develop Monitoring Systems in collaboration with the general coordinator.
- Participate in the redaction of the project’s reports for the different donors in accordance with their guidelines.
- Report on a regular basis to the general coordinator and write monthly reports.
- Identify and support the needs of the MHPSS staff on the fieldØ Develop monitoring tools for the team in order to assist the implementation of the designed activities.
- Organize and conduct weekly or bi-monthly team meetings.
- Represent MDM Switzerland in coordination meetings, participate to the different meetings especially on protection and Mental Health Cluster meetings, and proactively lead on external coordination with other health actors, UN agencies at the relevant level, and implemented partners of the projects.
- Lead on liaison with the MoH authorities where MdM is presently working and collaborating to ensure an excellent working relationship.
- Support field teams to coordinate on the ground with all stakeholders and ensure that information passes both up and down the chain of command in a timely manner.
- Ability to monitor the security situation in the areas of intervention.
- Ability to handle incident management efficiently.
- Ability to take decision together with General Coordinator on measures to adopt in case of a volatile security environment.
- Monitors the safety & security of MdM-CH field workers (monitors security threats and risks, plans and implements security measures, provides emergency responses if needed, reviews contingency planning), ensures incident reporting
- Ability to work under pressure in an unstable and changing environment
- Ability to manage priorities effectively
- Good writing skills in writing and designing proposals and good communication skills
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Excellent communication skills are essential to ensure cohesion with other programme and partner staff skills are primordial.
- Good skills in organization, co-ordination and the transfer of knowledge are essential. The person must be able to work independently and without constant supervision.
- Ability to live and work in a difficult security context and willingness to accept and abide with the organization security protocols.
- The position is based in Gaza.
- Contract Duration: 7 months
- Working Hours: Standard office working hours from Sunday to Thursday.
- Interested applicants should send a detailed CV and motivation letter in English to:
firstname.lastname@example.org titled “Field Coordinator” before 06/06/2019.