Field Investigator, Grade 15
Deadline for Applications: 28 May 2020
Contract Type & Duration Fixed-term appointment of 3 years including 1 year probation period, with the possibility of further extension, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need of the post
Vacancy Announcement Number: VN/WB/037/2020/X
Duty Station & Department: Field Office Jerusalem- Front Office/ Office of the Deputy Director of Operations (Support)
The main responsibilities include:
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
- Undertakes or coordinates as appropriate, investigations into alleged misconduct, malfeasance, mismanagement, fraud, corruption, waste of resources, abuse of authority, corporal punishment cases, SEA, allegations of child abuse and other types of misconduct or violations of UNRWA’s regulations, rules and administrative instructions throughout the Field Office and its installations including, but not limited to, schools, health centers and camps. This involves applying and ensuring objectivity, impartiality and fairness throughout the investigative processes in accordance with generally recognized international investigative standards and the Agency Investigation Policy and the Agency's Guide to Conducting Misconduct Investigations; assists with specific assignments in other Fields if required.
- Reviews and assesses complaints and allegations, formulates investigation plans, reviews and analyses all information to determine its relevance and reliability, conducts interviews with staff and other involved parties, obtains and analyses potential documentary and electronic evidence, conducts investigative research, and determines the appropriate presentation of investigative results.
- Prepares plans, records, interviews, reports and ad hoc briefings pertaining to investigations.
- Prepares recommendations for improved controls, effectiveness, and/or efficiency of UNRWA operations based on findings of investigations and regularly appraises progress of investigations and assesses the probable impact of investigation outcomes relative to strategies and advice accordingly.
- Offers advice and guidance to UNRWA staff engaged in investigations designated by Field Office Directors as needed; prepares Terms of Reference for investigations, conducts review of investigation procedures to ensure due process requirements are met; reviews investigation reports to ensure correct procedures have been adhered to.
- Implements technical guidance received from DIOS in relation to investigations and investigations reports; keeps abreast of developments in the area of investigations, including UN jurisprudence; provides and obtains assistance, investigative information, and facilitates cooperation with local government officials and other outside organizations as needed.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor(s).
Conditions of service
Monthly basic salary USD 1592.6, payable in JD at UN monthly exchange rate plus an allowance of 1000 NIS payable in JD at UNRWA rate.
Other benefits include:
- Provident Fund contribution (15.2% of basic salary paid by the Agency).
- Dependency allowances (if applicable).
- 30 days of annual leave.
- Compulsory Medical Insurance
To qualify for this position, you will need:
Education First level university degree in investigations, police studies, law, international law or related studies. OR a related relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience in applying investigation techniques in criminal or administrative inquiries. Additional formal training and/ or certification in various law enforcement methodologies and/ or fraud examination or investigations.
Work experience At least five years of experience in the application of the knowledge acquired in investigations, police studies, law, international law or a related field, with progressively responsible professional experience in applying investigation techniques in criminal or administrative inquiries or working as a criminal or administrative attorney; Experience in drafting investigations reports.
Language(s) Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic
How to apply: