Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP) works for the health and dignity of Palestinians living under occupation and as refugees. MAP is the leading UK charity delivering health and medical care to those worst affected by conflict, occupation and displacement, in the occupied Palestinian territory and Lebanon.
- Support the mission, ethos and values of MAP.
- Carry out other associated duties as may arise in line with the broad remit of the position.
- Support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace.
- Work collaboratively with others in all aspects of our work.
- Maintain and improve competencies through continuous professional development.
- Abide by organisational policies, codes of conduct and practices.
- Treat with confidentiality any personal, private or sensitive information about individual organisations and or clients or staff and MAP data.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Manage all day to day financial accounting matters.
- Maintain and develop robust financial control systems to ensure compliance with MAP’s financial policies and procedures, including those for payment processing, petty cash control and procurement.
- Ensure that any financial controls weaknesses are identified, reported to the DoP and addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure financial transactions are properly recorded in the accounting system in compliance with monthly reporting schedules.
- Reconcile bank, petty cash, and other balance sheet accounts on a regular basis.
- Monitor cash flow requirements and prepare cash flow requests when required.
- Manage the process of internal and external audit for MAP’s WB offices and ensure compliance with all the local ministries and authorities.
- At least 4 years’ professional experience in a senior financial position within a well-established organisation.
- Implementing and monitoring of financial controls systems.
- Strong track record of managing all aspects of the procurement process.
- Working with partner organisations including due diligence, financial monitoring and capacity building.
- Supporting budgeting and forecasting processes and producing ad hoc reporting.
- Manging and developing staff.
- Dealing with internal and external auditing processes and liaising with the auditors.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent skills in financial management.
- Evidence of strong work ethic in previous employments
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal diplomatically and flexibly with a range of different people.
- Proven work organisation skills.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- A broad range of skills in O365 and MS office, with advanced Excel skills an asset.
- Ability to travel in the WB with a Valid Driving License.
- General accounting and procurement principles and standards.
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field.
- A licence from a recognised accounting institute is an asset.
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Able to work flexibly in emergencies and to meet specific deadlines including some evenings and weekends and able to travel to Gaza.
Candidates should download and complete the application form, and equal opportunities form and send it to email@example.com by midnight on Sunday 3 November 2019. Please write “Application – Finance and Admin Manager” in the email subject line. Do not attach CVs or any other documents. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
PREVIOUS CANDIDATES NEED NOT APPLY AGAIN AS THEY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
OUR SALARY SCALES ARE NON NEGOTIABLE .