Consultant - Front Office Coordinator
UNRWA West Bank is mandated to provide assistance to the Palestine Refugee population in the West Bank including East Jerusalem in order to help Palestine Refugees achieve their full potential in human development terms under difficult circumstances. This is primarily achieved through the provision of essential services in the areas education, health, relief and social services, infrastructure and microfinance.
Due to the ongoing conflict in the oPt, UNRWA West Bank also provides humanitarian assistance to alleviate the immediate needs of the Palestine Refugee community.
UNRWA West Bank employs approx. 4,300 National staff and 20 International staff.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafts and coordinates the preparation of documentation on operational and policy issues for West Bank Field Office; provides DUA with regular written and oral briefings on these issues;
- Assists DUA in developing policies related to West Bank Field's service delivery, programme planning and operations;
- Provides substantive support to DUA in preparation for internal and external meetings on a wide range of issues, including management Committee, Hosts and Donors Meeting, UN Country Team;
- Keeps abreast of key issues facing UNRWA and Palestine refugees in the West Bank and advises DUA of possible courses of action;
- Coordinates the preparation of various regular and ad-hoc reports issued by the West Bank Field Office for submission to UNRWA HQ, including monthly reports and security updates;
- At field level provides substantive support to visiting and resident missions in the preparation of reports and documentation of issues related to Palestine refugees in the West Bank;
minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree from an accredited educational institution in public administration, management, political or social science or other related discipline;
- Minimum one year working in management support, or in humanitarian or development sector, or a related field;
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Problem Solving
- Client Orientation
- Planning and organizing
- Team Work
- Previous experience working in the Middle East and oPt in specific;
- Knowledge of Arabic language.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- The duration of the consultancy is 6 months with a possibility of extension;
- The expected start date is ultimo January 2020;
- The incumbent will be based in Jerusalem and will be expected frequently go to the West Bank;
- Remuneration for this consultancy will depend on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV or UN Personal History Form demonstrating clearly the knowledge and experience required to meet the consultancy requirements via email@example.com indicating the title of this consultancy “Front Office Coordinator” in the subject line of the message. The deadline for the submission of applications is 16 December 2019.
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men. UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.