Job Title: Staff Accountant
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Program/Unit: Finance and Accounting
Reporting Line:Head Accountant
Position Type: Full time
Duration long term contract
Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Organize, secure, and maintain all files,
records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures. Record, store,
access, and/or analyze computerized financial information. Classify, code, and summarize
numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers,
and/or computers. Prepare, maintain, audit, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting,
auditing, or payroll reports and tables. Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as
specified. Respond to and/or resolve questions, issues, or disputes
● Enter all types of financial transactions into the accounting system.
● Prepare journal entries and payment vouchers primarily related to AP, accrued
expenses, and other accounting transactions .
● Ensure completeness by obtaining the transactions , processing them and recording
them within determined timeframe with high level of accuracy .
● Reconcile and balance banks and general ledger accounts .
● Prepare payments for AP on a weekly and ad hoc basis .
● review vendors balances and other ledgers to ensure accuracy and detect errors on a
monthly basis .
● Communicate with staff and vendors when needed to obtain invoices within a
determined time frame and to update vendors on the payments status upon request
● Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures;
recommending changes ,
● Develop and implement internal controls “ Review and approval , Reconciliation of
documents , safeguarding of assets both liquid and fixed assets , segregation of duties
“ and any other needed controls to ensure transparency and healthy financial
● Prepare and submit accurate and complete managerial and financial reports on a
timely manner upon request .
● Ensure compliance with PCRF policies and guidelines , Accounting principles , and
applicable tax laws and other governmental regulations .
● Travel to nearby banks to make payments, deposits, etc.
● Follow up with different department to facilitate work and to ensure the designed
controls are implemented properly .
● Perform other job-related duties as necessary .
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and skills:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting .
● 4-6 years’ of relevant experience .
● Detail oriented and ability to work independently and manage areas of responsibility
● One who consistently exhibits a positive attitude , and ability to work under pressure .
● Strong accounting knowledge , Solid understanding in IFRS , GAAP and strong
financial analysis skills required .
● Excellence in data entry and Managerial and financial reports generation .
● Experience with Intacct cloud-based accounting system a plus .
● Using Bisan accounting software is a plus .
● Experience in one of the “ big four firms “ is a plus .
● Must be self-starters, self-motivated
● Enthusiastic about working in a dynamic and fluid team environment
● Pay strong attention to detail
● Are methodical in their work
● Must be able to handle multiple and competing priorities
● Committed to learning and growing
● Provide timely feedback on job progress and potential roadblocks
● Demonstrate the ability to execute and deliver on demanding deadlines with little to no
● Is creative in their ability to problem-solving
Interested Candidates from Gaza are welcome to send their CV’s on:
no later than May 28, 2019