Deadline for Applications: 12 December 2019
Contract Type & Duration: For Roster Purposes
Vacancy Announcement Number: VN/WB/142/2019/X
Duty Station & Department: Area Office Hebron - Health
The main responsibilities include:
In accordance with Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
- Implements the day to day operations and follows all relevant Health Department policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried in a controlled and consistent manner;
- Arranges the received medical supplies in the dispensary following the standards of First Expiry First Out (FEFO); maintains medicines properly stored in compliance with all relevant safety, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment;
- Documents movements of medicine in the available pharmaceutical information system to enable assessment of the quantities to be ordered;
- Dispenses medication prescribed by the Medical Officer to patients;
- Provides advice to patients regarding the modality of intake of medications, their potential side effects and possible interactions with other medications/foods/ supplements;
- In the absence or unavailability of Senior Health Centre Pharmacist:
- Advises Medical Officers and other health staff in the health centre or related side effects of medications, possible drug-drug interactions and ensures rational prescribing of medications;
- Educates groups and individuals on various issues with regards to medications to ensure effective transfer of knowledge and awareness;
- Produces periodic reports regarding the activities of the dispensary with an indepth analysis of the funding;
- Maintains the cleanliness and tidiness of the dispensary;
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
Conditions of service
Monthly basic salary JD 871.47. Other benefits include:
- Provident Fund contribution (7.5 % of basic salary staff member contribution, 15% of basic salary paid by the Agency)
- Dependency allowances (if applicable)
- 30 days of annual leave
- Compulsory medical insurance
To qualify for this position, you will need:
Education: A university degree in Pharmacy from a recognized university; Possession of a license to practice pharmaceutical services (where applicable).
Work experience: At least three years of experience in a similar role; Experience in the use of computers and an understanding of their use in health applications.
Language(s): Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Good communication skills and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and cope with heavy workload;
- Adequate computer skills;
- Self-motivated and shows willingness to learn from others;
- Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences;
- Acts in accordance with the professional ethics and values.
How To Apply:
For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews:
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process. The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
General information This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates.