The French section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Gaza strip a:
Médecins Sans Frontières (“Doctors Without Borders”) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Médecins Sans Frontières is looking for 2 Health Promoters to join its daily worker pool.
Implement Health Promotion/IEC activities with patients and the local population to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics.
- Inform patients and communities about MSF and the services the organization can provide
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics
- under supervision of the Activity Manager, implement activities of health education and awareness, assess the impact of activities
- Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population - in particular, in order to identify the target population
- Report activities, problems met, outcomes and constraints to the Activity Manager
- Establish and maintain contacts with social partners, including other NGO’s, governmental health services that can provide answers to social problems
- Participate in the creation of material needed for the activities of information, education and communication
- Degree in social work or similar desirable
- Proficiency in spoken English and good written English
- Experience leading groups in a youth or sports club desirable
- 2 years of experience minimum in a similar job; experience with MSF or other NGOs, desirable
- Good knowledge of the local health and social service network including the MOH and other actors
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and basic computer skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary international team
- Ability to work under pressure and excellent stress management capacity
START DATE: from 4th of November 2019
Cover letter, CV in English and relevant supporting documents must be submitted in an envelope stating “Application / Health Promoter / DW” in the dedicated mailbox at the MSF Office:
A Husseini Street, near El Wehda Street, Gaza City
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 15 October 2019, 11am
CVs won’t be returned and only successful candidates will be contacted for a written test.
No phone inquiries, please.