Job title: Livelihood Officer
Reports to: OCHA Project Manager
Strong functional link with: Head of Gaza Office (working relationships), collaborate with Palestine/ Jordan delegation
Number of subordinates: None
Working time in %: 100%
Duty station: Gaza Strip
Duration: 11 months contract with possibility of extension subject to successful performance and availability of funding.
Background Information: Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the largest non-governmental organisation for children’s aid in Switzerland. It undertakes to support the most vulnerable members of society through child protection and Justice for Children projects.Terre des hommes has been implementing projects in the Gaza Strip since 1984. Tdh has had uninterrupted operational presence since 2009 with major focus on child protection, juvenile justice, hygiene promotion and livelihoods. Funded by OCHA and under a project entitled” Provision of integrated multi-sectoral protection services to vulnerable children and their families in the Gaza Strip” Tdh activities will support 40 venerable families of working children and out of school children with food voucher for 6 months and with cash assistance to restrictedly to establish income generating activities and conditional to reintegrating their out of school and working children into schools and/ or vocational training centers.
Livelihood Project Activities: Food Voucher and Cash Support
- Be responsible for the participatory identification of 40 vulnerable families of working and out of school children to benefit from food and cash assistance
- Be responsible for the overall design and implementation of the food voucher distribution activities including, overseeing shopkeeper’s selection and contracting and ensuring high quality market assessments are carried out.
- Will be responsible for monitoring the performance of shopkeepers
- Maintain files and archives of food voucher support documentation, including price monitoring and vendor support.
Cash Support to establish income generating activities
- Participate in preparation of separate business plan for each beneficiary. The business plans should be done through a full participatory approach with beneficiaries.
- Liaise with Finance and Logistics staff to ensure the timely processing of beneficiaries payments
- Support beneficiary accountability and participatory approaches throughout the project cycle.
- Collect and analysis pre and post required data/survey to assess the impact of the provided livelihood activities in reducing the food insecurity.
- Report on the impact of the provided livelihood activities in reducing the food insecurity through using Household Food Insecurity Access Scale
- Assist in preparation of field visits as requested.
- Strictly respect the confidentiality of beneficiaries and their related data.
Coordination with actors and stakeholders
- Coordinate Tdh Livelihood component with food security main actors, including MoSD, Food Security Sector, and Cash Working Group.
- Establish administrative processes for the Food Voucher
- Regularly attend of Cash Working Group and Food Security Sector meetings, as deemed necessary
- Network with actors and entities working in the Gaza Strip in Food Security related areas in the interest of information sharing and mainstreaming best practices.
- Coordinate Tdh actions with the different networks to which it belongs in the Gaza Strip, identify and propose other relevant networks where appropriate.
- Attend appropriate external meetings held in the Gaza Strip at sector level, in order to ensure that Tdh’s aims and activities are shared with partners.
Reporting & Communication
- Produce and submit a monthly report and contribute to quarterly reports.
- Produce case studies and success stories of children and families benefited from the livelihood Project Activities
- In collaboration with the delegation Communication Focal Point, provide regular internal and external communication products focusing on the impact of livelihood activities in reducing the food insecurity for MENA Newsletter, websites, Twitter and Facebook MENA webpages, etc.
- Proper and regular documentation of all project activities in the Gaza Strip and monthly management of sources of verification.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations.
- Participate in updating security plans, as needed.
- Commit to respect the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Tdh Code of Conduct and Tdh Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy.
- Be proactive with respect to the aforementioned policies and show leadership to all Tdh staff.
- Report cases of abuse on children as identified.
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality - inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Head of the Gaza Office and Jordan/Palestine Country Representative.
Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) as well as Professional Competencies
- Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals
- Communicates in a clear, concise and responsible way
- Shares knowledge Masters the tools and applications both general and activity-specific based.
- Collects the necessary information regarding professional activities
- Pays attention to the best practices and develops the professional practices related to the field of work or area of responsibility
- Degree or master’s level qualification in economics, business, food security, nutrition or any other relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with an NGO including at least 1 year in cash or markets-based programming.
- Proven knowledge and technical skills in set up, design, implementation and monitoring of markets-based programming.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with children who have protection concerns
- Experience in or commitment to, working with individuals and families from different backgrounds and/or diverse cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge and interest of gender issues and ability to mainstream gender considerations into programming.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency of English is a must
- Tdh will only consider complete applications corresponding to the required profile. Applications must include a complete CV and a covering letter and should be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
- Deadline for applications is November 23, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
- Only short/listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
- Tdh provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged those as well from people with diverse backgrounds.
- The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect our commitment for child security and protection