Consultant – Microsoft BI and Reporting Support Specialist;
HQ Gaza (Local)
UNRWA has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) that aims to enhance livelihood and human development opportunities to Palestine refugees in Gaza. By this new collaboration, UNRWA becomes a provider of Information Management, Technology services and capacity augmentation to UNICC technical team, on a cost recovery basis through IMTD/IT Service Center (ITSC) in HQ-Gaza.
United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) is a UN agency that provides IT services to other UN agencies on a cost recovery basis.
UNRWA Information Management and Technology Department (IMTD) is seeking a Microsoft BI and Reporting Support Specialist who will be responsible for supporting the existing portfolio of deployed BI assets. Dealing with BI infrastructure issues as they arise and handling BI user requests. This will include undertaking Ad-hoc development to business user requirements and enhancements and bug fixes of existing systems. Designing and developing new Power BI reports and dashboards.
The consultant will report administratively to Head Information Technology Service Centre at Headquarter Gaza and technically to United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC).
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the design and development of new Power BI reports and dashboards;
- work closely with the business analysts and subject matter experts to understand the requirements and translate that into a reporting solution;
- Assist business users on functional and data requirements to enhance data models;
- Analyze requirements and develop visualizations and reporting solutions.
- Determine the optimal way to develop the solution to ensure reports are rendering efficiently;
- Develop and publish reports with the correct format for deployment across all environments;
- Work cross functionally across the project in an Agile methodology to complete user stories within the assigned sprint;
- Perform sanity checks and unit testing of reports; participate in end-user testing for bug fixing and issues resolution;
- Liaise with other operation teams to provide recommendations on performance, security, and user interface;
- Develop documentation, training materials and conduct training sessions when needed;
- Process support Work Orders by troubleshooting and resolving reporting and BI incidents and problems;
- Communicates plans, status, and issues with project management;
- Perform other ICT related duties as required.
minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree from an accredited educational institution in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Microsoft Power BI; Of which three years related to the following fields:
- Microsoft Azure – ETL / Data Factory,
- Azure Data Lake & SQL Server/ Synapse;
- Worked on at least two Implementations, Development, and Support of Microsoft Power BI Components;
- Worked on at least two Implementations, Development, and Support of Microsoft Azure Stack;
- Experienced in Power BI service on Microsoft Azure;
- Knowledge of the full Microsoft Analytics and Reporting stack, including SSRS, PowerPivot, PowerBuilder, PowerApps;
- Good Experienced in SSIS, SQL Server on Premise;
- ITIL certification is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills;
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision;
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity;
- Ability to deliver quality results;
- Strong understanding of Data Analytics application security layer models;
- Eager to Learn & Adapt to Newer Technologies
- Working experience on Tableau & Qlik;
- Good Documentation & Presentation Skills;
- Microsoft certifications with SSIS or other ETL tools;
- Experience in requirement analysis, design, and prototyping.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- The duration of the consultancy is 6 to 11 months; extendable according to performance and availability of funds.
- Remuneration for this consultancy will be equivalent to grade 15; $1,600 monthly salary subject to years of experience.
- The incumbent will be based in Gaza.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV or UN Personal History Form demonstrating clearly the knowledge and experience required to meet the consultancy requirements via email@example.com indicating the title of this consultancy “Microsoft BI and Reporting Support Specialist” in the subject line of the message. The deadline for the submission of applications is 17 Sep 2020.
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men. UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.