Patient Access Representative
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain all patient demographic data needed to accurately identify patients, verify insurance (if applicable), and meet Joint Commission International (JCI) and billing requirements to ensure patient safety, continuity of care, and maximum reimbursement.
- register outpatients and inpatients and direct them to care location or clinic appointment.
- Schedule and pre-register patients.
- Complete financial registration responsibilities including but not limited to creating guarantor accounts, interpreting eligibility requirements, collecting document signatures, insurance card scanning, and creating financial estimates.
- Collect patient financial obligations.
- Performing general administrative duties.
- Perform other related duties as assigned..
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Degree in business administration, accounting, finance, medical assistant, or any related field.
- Prior experience in a medical environment such as clinical scheduling, unit coordination, or emergency communication management or experience of a similar nature is highly desirable.
- A resident of Nablus or a nearby area would be preferred
- Flexibility in work schedule including working 24-hour rotation as well as weekends.
- Having a working knowledge of medical and surgical terminology.
- An understanding of the laws and practices related to privacy, confidentiality, compliance, fraud, and abuse.
- Understand the revenue cycle of healthcare and the role of the Patient Access Representative.
- Excellent communication skills, including excellent customer service skills.
- Time management, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and the Internet.
- Understanding patient billing, coding principles, and medical terminology
- Good command of English is required.
Interested and Qualified candidates are kindly requested to fill the application No later than 13 August, 2022