The Patient Access Representative is responsible for establishing and maintaining complete patient records within the hospital systems, answering the phone, scheduling appointments, and billing, assisting referring providers in the transfer and care coordination of patients, and working with Nurses to support the coordination of patient transfer, admission, and care planning. This includes all patient demographic information and insurance information as needed to ensure that Joint Commission International (JCI), and billing requirements are met. Patient Access Representatives will respond to calls from both inside and outside the hospital looking for support. The Patient Access Representative is a resource for physicians, Access Center staff, office staff, nursing units, ancillary hospital departments, and referring providers/agencies. It is a customer service-driven position, where the individual must demonstrate empathy, engage in compassionate collections, and demonstrate strong communication skills.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain all patient demographic data needed to accurately identify patients, verify insurance (if applicable), and meet Joint Commission International (JCI) and billing requirements to ensure patient safety, continuity of care, and maximum reimbursement.
- register outpatients and inpatients and direct them to care location or clinic appointment.
- Schedule and pre-register patients.
- Complete financial registration responsibilities including but not limited to creating guarantor accounts, interpreting eligibility requirements, collecting document signatures, insurance card scanning, and creating financial estimates.
- Collect patient financial obligations.
- Performing general administrative duties.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, medical assistant, or any related field.
- Prior experience in a medical environment such as clinical scheduling, unit coordination, or emergency communication management or experience of a similar nature is highly desirable.
- A resident of Nablus or a nearby area would be preferred
- Flexibility in work schedule including working 24-hour rotation as well as weekends.
- Having a working knowledge of medical and surgical terminology.
- An understanding of the laws and practices related to privacy, confidentiality, compliance, fraud, and abuse.
- Understand the revenue cycle of healthcare and the role of the Patient Access Representative.
- Excellent communication skills, including excellent customer service skills.
- Time management, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and the Internet.
- Understanding patient billing, coding principles, and medical terminology
- Good command of English is required.
Interested and Qualified candidates are kindly requested to fill the application No later than 09 February, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest to join An -Najah National University Hospital (NNUH). All Applicants will be notified of the result of the employment application by email. Candidates who have been shortlisted may be required to complete a written exam.
NNUH wishes all applicants success in their professional endeavors.