Palestinian Bar Association
The Palestinian Bar Association is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual position to work in its Head Quarter in Ramallah, under The Project of ‘Enhancing Professionalism & cohesiveness of the Lawyers community in West bank and Gaza strip’ ENI/2019/406-834, Funded By EU.
Following is the description of this Position:
Start date: ASAP
Position type and duration: Full time/ Two years .
The Project Accountant will be responsible for processing and booking project's transactions including revenue and expenditures according to the budget line items and in compliance with project’s requirements.
- Performs three-way match in comparing invoice with purchase order and goods received note before processing any payment.
- Ensures that all documents are complete with the appropriate supporting documents, reviewed and approved before processing for payment.
- Reviews transaction-supporting documents to ensure that all are complete and filed accordingly.
- Ensures that all payments are processed on time.
- Oversees the daily management of financial transactions
- Oversees routine banking services including collecting bank statements, making bank transfers depositing and withdrawing cash.
- Responsible for elaboration, maintenance, and reconciliation of cashbooks.
- Imports and Records all financial transactions into the Accounting management system.
- Produces monthly bank reconciliation statements and consolidates these in hard copy for review by the PM/ Internal Auditor..
- Responsible for budget follow up and the checking of correct use of Donor codes
- Responsible for filling all financial documentation for cash and expense management.
- Provides financial reports and forecasts.
- Implementation of an appropriate accounting system and sound finance function.
- Produces and presents regular financial and written finance reports.
- Timely review of the field Activity Financial Reports (verifying the coding, arithmetical accuracy, documentation, authorization) and subsequent feedback to ensure timely submission to PM.
- Provides assistance in preparing year-end accounts in line with regulatory requirements ready for audit.
- Ensures that an appropriate financial policy and procedures framework is in place to guide the Organization’s financial decision making.
- Ensures restricted funding is ring-fenced and complies with grant conditions.
- Assists with preparing budgets for funding application.
- Supports PM on staff trainings on RTP rulers, policies and procedures and donor requirements.
- Maintains and tracks cash/salary advances and ensure all amounts are reconciled and liquidated.
- Follow up with Partners and ensure that all their reports, supporting documents are according to RTP and donor policies and procedures.
- Supports partners on compliance matters and ensure timely submission of reports that are accurate and complete.
- Stays abreast on program priorities and makes Periodic field trips to GS to monitor finance related issues and procedures.
- Ensures all financial files are complete and up to date .
- A Decree in Finance, Accounting or any other related fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ Experience in implementation of development projects, EU funded project.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Excellent command in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Good presentation skills and ability to facilitate group meetings is a definite plus
- ability to travel to Gaza Strip.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered.
Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to:
no later than Wednesday, December 11, 2019 and include cover letter
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone inquiries please!
PBA promotes the principle of Equal Opportunity for all