Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Project Manager or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support monitoring, reporting and quality assurance efforts
- Support the MoH in preparing the monthly monitoring sheet for the deployment of health workers;
- Review/verify documents as per the guidance received by MoH before submitting to the IPR project manager;
- Organize and conduct field visits on a regular basis and establish networks with all relevant stakeholder through regular meetings;
- Gather lessons learned and best practices and share them with the UNDP Project Team;
- Ensure the development and implementation of relevant Quality Assurance plan(s)
- Monitor quality of services in compliance with WHO good storage and distribution practices and international standards
- Support the drafting of knowledge management products, carry out needed data collection and reporting along with other tasks that may be required
- Support the implementation of social cohesion activities focusing on communities’ engagement
- Support the implementation of the community infrastructure component including assisting the project management in ensuring community engagement;
- Provide support to the Community Representative Committees in the development of resilience plans including social cohesion activities catered to community needs;
- Organize and conduct field visits on a regular basis to the targeted communities to monitor progress and support adjustments in the design of the social cohesion interventions
- Contribute to the roll out of the project’s communication and visibility plan
- Support the project’s media, communication and visibility related activities (drafting of short stories, media briefs, press releases, …ect)
- Collect relevant information about the targeted beneficiaries, including details that will enable MoH and UNDP to promote the programme
- Support the organization of field visits for donor representatives, UNDP visitors and government officials; Assist the manager in interpreting and translating key documents
- Establish and maintain strong and regular operational level liaison with the project’s partners, such as concerned government authorities, other concerned UN agencies and working groups.
- Perform other related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Bachelor degree in social sciencies, public health, politics, economics or a related field
Required experience: 36 Months
A minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the area of project coordination (health or socio-economic recovery or social cohesion).
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Development programme/project administration, Community participation and development
Area of expertise details:
- Complementary qualifications in public health, project management or any development-related field of study an asset;
- Experience working with marginalized communities on community planning and social cohesion initiatives is desirable ;
- Experience working in an international setting or developing countries an asset;
- Knowledge of UNDP is desirable;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and advanced knowledge of web-based management systems;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines; Sound security awareness;
- Very good oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel
Driving license: Yes
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity
This is a National Specialist UN Volunteer assignment with monthly VLA payment of ILS 4724.83 . Only applications from “Palestinians” living in Jerusalem and West Bank will be considered.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup .
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to 'My Page' at https://vmam.unv.org//candidate/mypage and click on the 'Special Calls' hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call with Application Code.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile . Then go to 'My Page' at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the 'Special Calls' hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call with Application Code.