MA’AN Development Center
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: Program Manager
Project duration: 26 months
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
Currently, MA’AN is implementing two projects funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) within the Strengthening the Resilience of Gaza’s Population Project. This includes the projects of "Strengthening the Resilience of Deir Al Balah (Gaza) Youth through Self-sufficient Services", and "Resilience Project of the Beach Camp". Both projects will contribute to enhancing the resilience and increasing the capacities of the most vulnerable Palestinians in Deir Al Balah and the Beach Camp.
MA’AN Development Center is seeking a competent and highly qualified project manager to work in its office in Gaza. The project manager will ensure effective project management of the assigned projects by maintaining the delivery of appropriate technical, operational, financial and administrative outputs.
The main duties include:
- Responsible for accomplishing the two projects’ goals, objectives & outputs required within project parameter, such as time, cost, and agreed quality standards.
- Developing a detailed implementation plan for the projects.
- Supervising the two projects’ teams and ensuring the timely implementation of activities.
- Responsible for maintaining the two projects’ budget and ensuring that spending is according to plans.
- Identifying and managing potential risks, taking corrective actions by tackling day-to-day issues head on and reviewing how more serious issues and risks might impact on scope, schedule, quality, and cost.
- Arranging meetings with different stakeholders as required by project plan.
- Liaise regularly with other staff and project partners in monitoring progress towards achievement of the project results.
- Supporting the two Projects’ M&E Team in monitoring the projects’ progress against performance indicators, ensuring targets and results are achieved at the output and outcome.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks, donor regulations, and that all documentation is maintained appropriately.
- Ensuring data quality within the two projects and analyzing the data to report on the outcome level.
- Preparing and reviewing submissions and reports required by MA’AN and donor.
- Facilitate community level consultations to ensure effective project interventions to meet stakeholders’ needs.
- Mobilize resources and services to support projects activities, including drafting ToRs, communicate with business stakeholders, and set works/product requirements and specifications
- Work closely with the program support departments in MA'AN including the HR, procurement and logistic, finance and M&E departments to ensure the effective implementation of the projects activities.
- Other duties as needed.
- BA with at least 5 years’ experience in Business Development, Economics, Project Management, or other related fields.
- Experience in working within the NGO sector in similar positions.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects that support economic and social empowerment of marginalized groups.
- Experience in the fields of green business development and agribusinesses is preferred.
- Experience in engineering and construction projects is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in project cycle management and overseeing community development projects (including designing, preparing submissions to donors, monitoring, reporting, and partnership building).
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, especially of project budgets including planning, monitoring, currency exchange, acquittals, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners, and donors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS/Project, Word and Excel.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic languages including both excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English and Arabic.
- Advanced computer literacy.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application as per the following:
Download employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
Fill in the employment application and save the document with the name of applicant and the position.
Fill in the required information in the following link:
Attach employment application in within the previous link.
Applications will not be considered if employment application is not attached in the previous link.
Applications will only be accepted until Wednesday 16 June 2021.