PARC is a national developmental organization that strives to develop the agricultural sector, strengthen the resilience of farmers, reach out to the poor and marginalized groups and their CBO’s, mobilize and develop the capabilities of rural people to enable them to control their resources, through the work of a distinguished professional teams and a loyal volunteer. This has been accomplished through creative programs and transparent management and through technical practices to contribute to the establishment of a free and democratic Palestinian society with the values of social justice.
Job purpose summary:
The Project manager role is to provide support to the implementation of the (Contribute to strengthening the resilience and inclusive development of vulnerable populations in Gaza) project and activities in Gaza. The main responsibility of a project manager is to ensure the project is running smoothly, on time and to budget. Duties typically include planning certain parts of the project, monitoring its progress, coordinating meetings and overseeing members of the project team.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
Main Tasks and Duties:
1. Plan the project
- Define the scope of the project.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project and project estimated budget.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
2. Organizing the staff and stakeholder selection
- In consultation with the senior leadership recruits all necessary staff and stakeholders with appropriate skills necessary to carry out all project activities.
- Facilitates stakeholders’ meetings, takes minutes, and summarize deliverables to ensure stakeholders are organized and remain on task for the duration of the project.
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the project.
- Solicit qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate and present candidates to senior management.
- Oversee RFP process for new projects.
3. Implement the project
- Execute the project according to the project plan.
- Document project activities in provided project tracking software.
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders on the progress of the project, prepare progress reports for senior management.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
4. Control the project
- Write progress reports on the project for senior management.
- Monitor all budgeted project expenditures.
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis.
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date.
- Evaluate the project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Competences:
- Bachelor degree in business administration or a relevant field. (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience e.g. in marketing, economics, management, business development etc.). An MBA, community development, gender mainstreaming, with an emphasis on economic empowerment would be added assets.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects throughout their lifecycles simultaneously while maintaining exceptional internal communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, or other project management software
- More than 7 years of project management and related experience
- A high level of organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Organizational skills, including an ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Budget skills
- Very good Monitoring and Evaluation skills
- Very good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Flexible, highly motivated self-starter.
- Communicate Effectively Speak, listen and write clearly, thoroughly and timely using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster Teamwork Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application to http://www.pal-arc.org/jobs to the attention of the HR Department no later than 25 October 2021 and include the job title (Project manager) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test.