Deadline for submission: September 06, 2022.
For those interested and meet the #job requirements, please submit your application via the link below or through visiting the careers’ page on PMA website www.pma.ps/careers
The Palestine Monetary Authority is an autonomous organization, with the objective of fostering financial & monetary stability and contributing to economic growth, through managing the national payment system, licensing and regulating the banking sector, microfinance institutions, and payment services companies, and money-changers.
PMA, as an equal opportunity employer, invites qualified candidates to submit their resumes for the following position:
Title: Project Manager
Department: Monetary Operations Department
Job Type: Short to mid-term contract
The project manager is responsible for planning and overseeing the Treasury Management System “TMS” project, to ensure its completion in a timely manner and within budget. He is also responsible for planning, monitoring progress, and keeping stakeholders informed all the time. This is all done within the confines of the Palestine Monetary Authority’s goals and vision. The prospected project manager should be knowledgeable in IT infrastructure implementation and preferably be a holder of CPMP.
Based on the PMA’s project management framework, the Project Manager's responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinate and provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, deviation, duration, deliverables, risks, and progress, to ensure they are all informed of project requirements and deadlines.
- Perform project-related risk assessments to minimize potential risks and uncertainties.
- Measure project routine and ad-hoc performance by analyzing the completion and deviation of goals, to identify areas for improvement
- Ensure that all project deliverables meet expectations and time frames within the project scope, quality standards, IT, Monetary Operations, Payment System, Procurement, Finance etc…
- Keep good constant communication with vendors and suppliers.
- Manage changes to the project specifics, schedule, and budget using appropriate verification techniques.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout the entire project execution
- Follow-up on related issues with project support departments for example procurement, finance, and IT.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Conduct post-project evaluation and identify project strengths and weaknesses.
- Build and maintain good relationships with internal partners, third-party vendors, and higher management.
Academic Requirements: Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, finance, or a related field.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or related certificate is desired.
- At least 5 years of work experience in leading and managing projects. Experience with international organizations is desired.
- Has managed at least 3 projects successfully in similar fields, where one of them had a budget of more than $500,000.
- Sound knowledge of investments, and treasury systems, in addition to knowledge of treasury support operations, is desired.
- Knowledgeable in IT infrastructure implementation and management, including Databases, networks, and SAN storage.
- Knowledgeable of project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Proven ability to complete projects within outlined scope, budget, and timeline
Languages: Fluency in both English and Arabic (verbal & written).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Critical & analytical thinking
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Efficient and effective time management.