Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Project Officer
Key activities in your role will include
In the frame of the Food Security and Livelihood Programming, FSL Project Officer will assist the FSL) Head of Project in planning, implementing, managing, supervising and monitoring the assigned Project(s) in line with Action Against Hunger (AAH) policy, guidelines and procedures and in accordance with donors and national policies and guidelines. He/she will also support the FSL Head of Project in ensuring coherence, relevance, quality, accountability and sectorial integration of the project(s) in coordination and consultation with FSL Program Manager and technical coordinators, when required. And ensure timely implementation of the planned activities, including supervising the work of the Business Trainers and Coaches, and identify appropriate solutions to project constraints, in collaboration with the FSL Head of Project and other departments and staff. The FSL Project Officer will work under the direct supervision of the FSL Head of Project and under the technical guidance of the FSL Program Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Support the FSL Head of Project in the end-to-end project management cycle in coordination with the sectorial referents, and other departments in a timely manner:
- Support in the planning of project activities (Project Work Plan) and ensure that field work complies with plans and timeframe.
- Support in the development of project activities implementation procedures and processes (SoPs).
- Assist in preparing progress follow-up and monitoring plans for each activity and conduct related regular field visits. Report on progress to the Head of Project in written.
- Supervise the field work of the partners and the implementation of the signed agreements and report in writing any challenges to the FSL Head of Project.
- Prepare, supervise the use and archive all needed technical supporting documents according to AAH technical archiving guidelines, including – but not limited to - project activities’ announcements, beneficiary application forms, households survey tools, questionnaires, beneficiaries’ agreements, reception notes, delivery notes, attendance sheets, informed consent forms, distribution lists and beneficiaries’ lists.
- Plan, conduct and report (written) on projects applicants’ verification field visits.
- Ensure that business trainers and coaches prepare and update beneficiary files for each activity, and ensure proper archiving of beneficiaries’ documents, in line with the data protection rules and regulation.
- Coordinate with other project staff and MEAL team to cross check beneficiary lists and avoid duplications, establish and/or update beneficiary database, always applying data protection measures as per AAH guidelines.
- Support in preparing technical specifications and bill of quantities for activities’ inputs.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of inputs distributions to beneficiaries.
- Supervise the work of business trainers and coaches: business plans and cash flow statements for the income generating activities; technical and financial advice for the project beneficiaries, identification of solutions and improvements concerning the progress of the projects.
Participation in the realization of technical assessments:
- Support in the development of surveys, questionnaires and other relevant tools for data collection and analysis with the MEAL department.
- Plan and arrange focus group discussions and interviews.
- Organize awareness sessions, including contacting target groups, preparing and supervising the use of attendance sheets.
- Coordinate with the logistic department for stationary and refreshment.
- Arrange for meetings and interviews with project stakeholders, and take MoM when requested;
- Collect the completed questionnaires from the field on daily basis.
- Follow up the data entry for the collected data.
- Draft assessments reports.
- Provide inputs for proposal development if requested.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting, and Capitalisation
- Orally report daily to the FSL Head of Project and submit weekly written reports to the FSL Head of Project on the activities carried out in the previous week and on the priorities for the following week.
- When requested, work with the MEAL team in developing assessment / survey and monitoring tools and systems for project(s) in coordination/consultation with the FSL Programme Manager and the FSL Head of Project.
- Participate in data collection (using validated tools) and data analysis and write reports accordingly.
- Ensure integrity and timeliness of collection, analysis of data, and archiving of supporting document, reports and assessment/surveys such as Source of Verifications (SoVs) and justification final reports.
- Ensure harmonization and updating of data entry and analysis and activity indicators.
- Ensure timely submission of APR and MEAL tracking tool to the FSL Head of Project.
- Prepare quality interim, final and other ad-hoc reports requested by the FSL Head of Project.
- Assist in capitalizing project experiences and lessons learnt in coordination with the FSL Head of Project.
Internal and external communications, coordination, and representation
- Support in the preparation of internal and external meetings, as requested by the FSL Head of Project.
- As needed, support holding regular meetings with the whole team and prepare minutes of meeting.
- Participate in meetings with relevant stakeholders and partners as needed and requested by the FSL Head of Project.
- Provide inputs for communication related activities to the FSL Head of Project as requested.
Managing of project-specific Admin, HR, and Logistics matters
- Support the FSL Head of Project in budget forecast and follow up and participate in the design of new budgets when requested.
- Ensure the application of the Kit Log forms and procedures pertaining to the supply chain, procurement, transportation/ movement, and warehousing.
- Ensure the business trainers and coaches and the social workers complies with HR and administrative policies respectively and systems established in the mission.
- Ensure the business trainers and coaches and the social workers complies with necessary branding and communications guidelines of the organization.
- Ensure timely and quality uploading of project(s) validated Photos/Videos to the Gaza Base document bank (FSL Department Library).
Safety and security
- Adhere to the Mission Reporting system and submit the reports requested on-time.
- Respect the Security rules of Action Against Hunger and coordinate with the FSL Head of Project / Base Logistician for any security issues relating to work.
- Report any security or other incidents in the field that may interrupt project activities directly to FSL Head of Project / Base Logistician.
- Ensure the respect and compliance of the mission security rules by the social workers
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Engineering or any related field.
- Knowledge of livelihood and food security programming sector-related context in the Gaza Strip, with focus on Income Generating Activities, entrepreneurship and business development, (agriculture is considered a plus).
- Project management: planning, targeting, implementation and monitoring.
- Team management preferred.
- Experience in managing, planning and monitoring of small team is preferred.
- Good report writing skills.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in similar positions, within NGOs or UN agencies, in the Gaza Strip.
- Proven experience in supervising and reporting on project implementation – especially IGAs and agricultural projects - in the field.
- Knowledge and understanding of the humanitarian principles.
- At least three years of humanitarian experience implementing FSL programming in the Gaza Strip.
- Significant exposure and experience with NGOs in recovery and / or development and/or emergency. Additional experience in dealing / closely working with beneficiaries and partners.
- Worked with Action Against Hunger network will be an advantage.
- Arabic and English compulsory.
- Very Good knowledge of Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Use of Kobo and PowerBI is an asset.
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.