Protection Associate, LDC Band “E”/ S1 (Limited Duration Contract)
Deadline for Applications: 6 February, 2020
Contract Type & Duration: Limited Duration Contract for 12 months.
Vacancy Announcement Number: VN/WB/015/2020/X
Duty Station & Department: Field Office Jerusalem/ Relief & Social Services Dep.
The main responsibilities include:
- Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Child and Family Protection Program Manager, the incumbent will be accountable and responsible for the implementation of activities under the project: “Promoting Gender Equity within UNRWA Schools, Health Clinics, and Relief & Social Services”.
- Support activities related to the development of training materials
- Coordinate with other partner Programs the implementation of the Projects’ activities.
- Support the Project Manager in the preparation of work plans, workshops updates and the project donor report.
- Assist in monitoring implementation of activities to achieve project outcomes and according to the budget.
- Provide administrative and logistics support required for the successful implementation of project activities.
- Undertake duty travel for project implementation purposes.
- Assistance with the development of contextualised case work/management standard operating procedures
- Translation of project documents and presentations;
- Provide regular technical support to gender focal points and other relevant staff, including convening regular meetings with Gender Focal Points to discuss their activities and identify solutions to challenges faced;
- Participate in other gender related coordination mechanisms such as the GBV sub-working group and the UNRWA Gender Task Force, as requested;
- Develop, with the Integrated Protection Mainstreaming Working Group and the gender focal points, action plans for the identified priorities, monitor their implementation, and coordinate reporting;
- Undertake and maintain service mapping;
- In coordination and consultation with Protection and programme colleagues, develop and deliver protection trainings;
- Document lessons learned from interventions, emerging best practices and knowledge management capacities;
- Participate in the development and production of communication materials (leaflets, posters, brochures) to raise awareness on the Project’s objectives and outreach to the community;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Conditions of service
- Monthly basic salary JD 944.80. Other benefits include:
- Dependency Allowances payable and other benefits+ (Medical Insurance) & Currency Adjustment Factor.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
Education University degree from an accredited educational institution in Social Science, Social Work, Political Affairs, Gender Studies, or a related field.
Work Experience Five years of relevant work experience in protection/gender mainstreaming and or managing protection/gender interventions. Experience in programme management and understanding of monitoring and evaluation. Previous experience managing or providing technical support-supervision to frontline workers delivering protection services.
Language(s) Excellent command of written and spoken English, including capacity to translate large documents.
You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong Leadership and inter personal skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Knowledge of participatory approaches.
- Knowledge of communication strategies and techniques.
- Able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong computer skills: must be competent in the use of Windows, MS office programs (Word, Excel), and email programs.
- A valid driving license and willingness to drive an UNRWA vehicle throughout the West Bank
How to apply
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.