Vacancy Announcement: Public Relations and Fundraising Coordinator at PWWSD Bethlehem
The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a women’s mass, developmental, learning and human rights non-governmental organisation that contributes to the feminist struggle within WPS agenda. PWWSD believes that achieving justice and durable peace for women, as well as social, health and economic development at community level, is unachievable unless there is a clear political will to end the occupation and eliminate all forms of discrimination against women and girls and embody gender equality within the daily life of the community. PWWSD aims for gender equality and the eradication of all forms of discrimination against women, through empowering and mobilizing women’s participation in the struggle against the Israeli occupation, the contribution to the development processes, the promotion of woman’s political, economic and civil rights and the expansion of women’s access to justice through improving psychological well-being among women and girls, and combating gender-based violence.
PWWSD seeks to hire a full-time Public Relations and Fundraising Coordinator in its Bethlehem branch office for a period of two years.
Main responsibilities include:
- Adhere to PWWSD policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide developmental planning and strategic suggestions.
- Review the quality of the work completed with PWWSD project team in Bethlehem on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Manage project staff according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion and achievement of results.
- Write regular progress reports and any reports requested from direct supervisor.
- Write case studies and success stories on beneficiaries and activities of the project.
- Coordinate all referrals of beneficiaries towards relevant services in collaboration with the social worker, lawyer and PWWSD team
- Liaise with project staff, partners, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure better management and effective implementation of the project activities.
- Organize administrative and logistical aspects of project activities (meetings, conferences, workshops and visits of delegations) in Bethlehem.
- Provide close follow up of expenditures to ensure the effective and appropriate utilization of funds
- Control expenses for project activities in accordance with the prevailing provisions, this includes all invoices, payments and financial reports.
- Contribute to develop funding resources to PWWSD programs.
- Participate in the social, cultural and political events.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BA degree in Public relations, human rights, development, management, communications, or relevant field. Master’s degree is preferable.
- At least five years working in an NGO environment and preferably in the human/ women’s rights field
- Good experience in Project Cycle Management.
- Experience in fundraising and proposal writing for the non-profit sector
- Proven track record of successful management of national PR and media campaigns.
- High proficiency in Arabic and English languages
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office and social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter
- Good knowledge and understanding of the social, political and legal situation regarding women’s rights in Palestine.
- Ability and flexibility to work within a team, and under high pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Interested candidates are requested to submit their Resume along with a Cover Letter in English explaining why they are the best fit for the job no later than 20.04.2019 to the following email: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.