The Department of Safety and Security is responsible for providing leadership, operational support and oversight of the security management system, ensure the maximum security for staff and eligible dependents as well as enable the safest and most efficient conduct of the programmes and activities of the United Nations System.
The Department of Safety and Security is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Security Operations Associate, under the overall guidance of the Chief Security Advisor and the direct supervision of the Senior Security Operations Associate. As this position is related to Joint Security Operations & Coordination Center in the occupied Palestinian territory with an expected duration of One Year, the Service Contract extension will be conditioned to satisfactory performance evaluation as well as availability of funding under the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Working with the JSOCC team in providing Safety and Security Assistance to all UN personnel located in IOPTJ.
- Providing mission tracking, managing security clearances, monitoring open sources and other sources of security related information
- Maintaining Security Incidents Database and provide accurate figures, statistics and reports upon request.
- Maintaining the security and functionality of the JSOCC, proper handling of equipment and to remain on standby in crisis situations.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Senior Security Operations Associate.
1) Providing mission tracking, managing security clearances, monitoring open sources and other sources of security related information
• To manage the Joint Security Coordination and Center in 24/7 basis.
• Provide UNDSS with logistic support for external Missions, visitors and VIPs.
• Monitor media sources, obtaining the Daily Security Report and follow up, with focus on Jerusalem, West Bank and Israel related issues.
• Collect and collate data for security reporting purposes.
• Manage online security clearance request system and extracting relevant data as appropriate.
2) Providing mission tracking, managing security clearances, monitoring open sources and other sources of security related information
• To provide support and mission tracking for UN operations within the duty station mainly West Bank area.
• Monitor media sources and provide relevant advisories for UN personnel within the duty station.
• Conduct and prepare reports for periodic Radio Check for Israel, West Bank and Jerusalem.
• Draft and assist in preparing relevant Security Advisories for IoPtJ.
• Receives visitors and assist with other administrative tasks.
3) Maintaining Security Incidents Database and provide accurate figures, statistics and reports upon request.
• Manage documents filing and digital archiving system.
• Update mailing and SMS communication trees including warden lists.
• Draft and translate documents from Arabic to English.
• Maintains an updated staff list for the duty station.
• Assist in preparing and updating/maintaining detailed contacts lists for Jerusalem/ West Bank areas.
4) Maintaining the security and functionality of the JSOCC, proper handling of equipment and to remain on standby in crisis situations.
• Assist in conducting evacuation drills for UN offices and premises.
• Assist in updating standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Assist in updating Security Plan and Annexes.
• Assist in preparing relevant materials and documents for UNDSS trainings and activities.
5) Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Senior Security Operations Associate.
Based on the key functions and results expected, the impact is expected to have better performance, better clients assistance in providing safety and security related needs, more management of time being a crucial factor in Safety and Security, maintaining databases of the UNDSS System in IoPtJ, enhancing the capabilities and performance of the JSOCC being a part of an operational team.
In this section list all core competencies as well as the most relevant technical/functional competencies the role will require along with the appropriate level. A Detailed list of competencies can be accessed through the following link: https://intranet.undp.org/unit/ohr/competency-framework/SitePages/Home.aspx
Required Skills and Experience
- High school diploma required, BA degree in administration, operations, or security studies is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years of related field.
- English and Arabic (fluent), Hebrew would be considered an important asset.
- Non-Smoking environment
- A valid driving license in Jerusalem.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply