Senior Medical Consultant M/F Palestine
Médecins du Monde Switzerland is an International and independent Medical Organization founded in 1980, that provides humanitarian and development aid to those most in need. The organization observes the principles of medical ethics and humanitarian aid and is currently active in more than 65 countries. Médecins du monde Switzerland, created in 1993, has been working in the Palestinian Territories since 1994 prioritizing the provision of quality care in the field of mental health to people in need.
The Senior Medical Consultant assists the General Coordinator in the organization Strategic Planning and Activities Design & Implementation in the Gaza Strip. Strongly connected to the local network of health actors (local Authorities, Universities, NGOs and IOs), engaged in a daily monitoring of the health context in Gaza (health risks, health system responses, critical needs and existing responses), the Senior Medical Consultant participates to the SWOT analysis of the organization mission, support the design of action plans and supervise the project implementation, while being a source of ad hoc context-adapted innovation.
The Senior Medical Consultant cooperates with the Mental Health Advisor. Both are responsible to ensure MdM-CH projects are in coherence with existing needs and local Authorities & W.H.O strategic planning.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- A minimum Certified Medical Professional.
- Fluent English & Arabic, French an asset
- Essential working experience in humanitarian response and at minimum five years in a relevant position.
- Proven Clinical experience and previous managerial position in the Gaza Strip
- Strong capacities of evaluation, analysis, synthesis and communication
- Excellent relational skills
- Computer skills (reporting)
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- The Senior Medical Consultant:
- Engages in a daily monitoring of Gaza global health situation (threats, risks, responses), with a specific focus on the Covid19 epidemic and Suicide, reports relevant facts & figures to the Field Coordinator, and raises alerts when relevant.
- Monitors scientific publications related to Suicide risk in Palestine.
- Collects recommended best practices in the field of Covid19 prevention and Suicide Prevention & Management and ensures their implementation within MdM-CH projects.
- Identifies and shares National Strategic Plans (local Authorities and WHO) within the team.
- Liaises with health actors: local Authorities, Universities, WHO, NGOs.
- Facilitate the communication and coordination with local partners & institutions, specifically the Ministry of Health (International Cooperation Department, the Mental Health Unit, the General Directorate of Hospitals, etc.) and Universities.
- Identifies prominent scholars, academics and Health Practitioners in the field of Suicide
- Prevention and Management in the Gaza Strip.
- Represents MdM-CH in front of local Authorities and any other actors.
- Supports MdM-CH legal registration in the Gaza Strip.
- Actively participates to the Strategic Planning of the organization in the Gaza Strip. Contributes to needs assessments, project design, implementation and monitoring & evaluation.
- Together with the Mental Health Adviser, ensures the quality monitoring of MdM-CH interventions.
- Provides technical support to MdM-CH team.
- Participates to new recruitment when relevant.
- Provides the Field Coordinator with synthetic monthly report.
The position is based in Gaza.
Contract Duration: 5 months
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV and motivation letter in English to:
email@example.com titled “Senior Medical Consultant” before 06/06/2019.