IDCO, a leading Center of studies, researches and development, is seeking a qualified female candidates to fulfill the following vacancy, in its office in Gaza:
Position: Senior Psychologist
Location: Gaza Strip Governorates
Type of Contract: LDC
Deadline for Application: 19/9/2019
Brief Background and Purpose of the Position:
Children affected by human rights abuses typically suffer from a multitude of psychological traumas which severely impact their normal child development stages and impact the way that they interact with their families, local communities and society at large.
The IDCO’s Program in Palestine (Emergency Trauma Response Program – ETR) will provide specialized holistic and multi-disciplinary care for the most vulnerable children through regular direct professional rehabilitation and therapeutic services such as psychological first aid (PFA) and Crisis Intervention, psychosocial support, and psycho-dynamic psychotherapy (individual, group and family therapy). These services will be deployed through the use of various treatment methods including EMDR and CBT, and will be offered to children during house visits and emergency interventions conducted by a team of highly experienced professional human rights-oriented field psychologists and social workers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Able to design and developing a narrative Logical framework of the endorsed milestone activities and events in the ETR program.
- Have the ability and maturity to train the project’s staff in psychosocial activities, monitor and evaluate their needs on psychosocial topics.
- In-depth knowledge and experience (both theory and practice) in psychopathology,
psychopharmacology, psycho-medical, and psychotherapy utilizing various approaches in conducting individual therapy and group therapy.
- Able to monitor and evaluate psychosocial activities.
- Implement and lead psychosocial activities with primary school children and with the
communities in the area of intervention in Gaza Strip Governorates.
- Able to create brochures, posters and organize workshops on anti-stigma activities on mental health issues, psychosocial difficulties among children, parents and the community.
- Provide sessions such as workshops, support groups, training sessions, public meetings, community awareness, and psychosocial activities for the community.
- Participate in the referral system of Gaza Strip Governorates by referring cases to appropriate structures.
- Contribute to the implementation of IDCO programs in light of the objectives.
- Establishes and maintain collaborative relationships within Community Mental Health Centers (CMHC) and with other structures and organizations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University Degree in psychology with clinical experience.
- At least four years of working experience, with NGOs would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of mental health diseases and psychosocial model of interventions.
- Sound understanding of child development and experience in working with children.
- Ability to recognize children at risk for mental health disorders.
- Experience with schools and/or Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MOEHE)
- Good knowledge and experience in implementing psychosocial services with children at the community level.
- Experience in training, monitoring and evaluation.
- Good communication skills and ability to work within a team
- Excellent command of English and Arabic language (both written and spoken).
- Good computer skills
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply no later than Thursday, September 19th , 2019.
To be considered applicants must submit the following to email@example.com
- Cover Letter explaining why you are interested and qualified for this position.
- CV in reverse chronological format.
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Please clearly indicate in the subject line “Senior Psychologist”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are included in the email, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.