Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in child protection & education, development and institution building, community development, economic empowerment & civic participation and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community.
Bayader in partnership with catholic relief (CRS) will start to implement Gaza Shelter Assistance: Climate Comfort Rehabilitation & NFIs project, funded by Caritas Germany.
The objective of the project is to support acutely vulnerable households manage exposure to harsh weather and protection concerns.
The project will target Khan Younis governorate of the Gaza Strip and will provide urgent shelter rehabilitation for 50 households, focusing on the distinct needs of women, girls, PwD, and the elderly. This intervention uses an approach of accompaniment to promote gender equality and full participation of all household members. The project features an easily scalable approach that emphasizes shared household decision-making.
Within this project Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
- Conduct regular field visits to project site locations.
- Maintain up-to-date documents and records related to all aspects of duties and responsibilities.
- Assist in on-going collection of data-monitoring.
- Assist in implementation of project evaluations.
- Follow up construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Ensure safety and security standards of construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Perform any other tasks required by the PC.
- Liaising with NGO’s, client and subcontractors.
- Ensure the engagement of the household’s members in the discussion of the rehabilitation plans.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Architectural engineering.
- Two years of professional experience in similar project.
- Ensuring project meet agreed specifications and timeline.
- Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance.DE
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Good computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Gaza strip resident.
- Have good knowledge about Khan Younis communities and neighborhoods.
How TO Apply
Qualified candidates should send the following documents to the following email:
- Cover letter.
- The most recent CV (Address must be included) including 2 professional contacts as references.
Kindly state in the email subject “Site Engineer”, any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered.
Deadline for submitting applications is 03:00 PM, December 9, 2018.
Bayader has an equal rights employer, thus we encourage qualified women and qualified persons with disabilities to apply to this vacancy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for writing exam then selected nominee who pass the exam will be interviewed.