Deadline for Applications: 26 February 2020
Contract type & Duration: Limited Duration Contract Band “D”/S1 till the end of the
year; renewable; Appointment subject to funding confirmation
Vacancy Announcement Number: VN/WB/018/2020/X
Duty Station & Department: Field Office Jerusalem- Relief and Social Services Department
The main responsibilities include:
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
- Assists Field Relief Services Officer (FRSO) with the administrative duties of the Relief Services Programme, such as reviewing SHCs distribution lists, lists of approved cases for Selective Cash Assistance and for Shelter Rehabilitation and drafting letters of FRSO.
- Monitors the management of SHC case files at Field and Area Offices to check for proper documentation, filing, and adherence to Relief Services Instructions;
- Assists FRSO in obtaining community support for Relief Services activities in need thereof;
- Visits randomly selected SH families to monitor the implementation of the Relief Services Instructions (RSI);
- Observes and make regular inspections of Distribution Centre to ensure that SHC food ration/cash subsidy distribution is running efficiently and in accordance with RSI and polices;
- Assists FRSO in the evaluation of results achieved by the Relief Services Programme and the impact of these programmes on the target population by reviewing the RSSD, HQ (A) monthly and quarterly consolidated spread sheets and charts on categories of SHCs and assistance i.e rations, cash subsides, shelter rehabilitation etc., to compare between allotted ceilings and those actually issued; participate in surveys to evaluate the impact of RSS- where needed- on target population;
- Drafts monthly reports on special hardship assistance activities and other ad hoc reports on relief services activities including emergency activities, as required;
- Ensures that new staff are given proper induction and initial training, particularly social workers; monitors and advises FRSO on the continuous educational needs of Relief Services Division staff;
- Exchanges information and coordinates with other staff, both inside and outside RSSD for ensuring proper programme implementation;
- Acts for FRSO during his/her absence;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Conditions of service
Monthly basic salary JD781.40.
Other benefits includ:
- Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency).
- Dependency allowances (if applicable).
- 30 days of annual leave.
- Compulsory medical insurance.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
- Education A university degree in social science, public policy, management, counseling, psychology, education and business administration.
- Work experience At least three years field work in social welfare or related field with administrative experience.
- Language(s) Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Arabic.
You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral communication/presentation skills.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Leadership qualities.
- A thorough knowledge of the social structure of the Palestinian people.
- Practical experience in training staff in programme implementation;
- Participation in social research and/ or programme evaluation;
- Coursework in social policy and/or social welfare administration;
- Possession of a valid driving licence.
- The incumbent will be required to travel to the Areas of the Field.
How to apply
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.ps by creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.ps will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.