Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Food Security and Livelihoods Business Trainer and Coach
For an initial three months
In the framework of food security and livelihoods programming to assist vulnerable households in the Gaza Strip, the Business Trainer and Coach will support Head of Project and Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager in the implementation, monitoring and field evaluation of projects. The Business Trainer and Coach will collaborate fully with the Head of Project in the following tasks:
- Meet with the Enterprise Development beneficiary on a regular basis, either in person or over the telephone, to discuss the current business and life issues they are facing. The meetings can be developed bilaterally or by groups.
- Develop and carry out coaching of groups of Enterprise Development beneficiary on business development and soft skills
- Support Enterprise Development beneficiary in a personalized manner, to develop their business ideas.
- Assist, oversee and guide the Enterprise Development beneficiary in developing clear goals and objectives for the entrepreneurial initiative established by them.
- Support the Enterprise Development Beneficiaries in acquiring personal and professional competencies that will allow them to reinforce the entrepreneurial initiative established.
- Support the Enterprise Development beneficiary to operate a successful entrepreneurial initiative, and to identify appropriate solutions for identified business constraints.
- Work with the Enterprise Development beneficiary in order to help them in stabilizing and developing their Strategic Planning, Marketing and Promotional Planning, Financial Management and Planning, and general Administration and Personnel issues.
- Encourage and motivate the Enterprise Development beneficiary, building their sense of self-worth and confidence.
- Have gender equitable attitudes and to promote a positive male role model for the spreading of more gender equitable attitudes and beliefs amongst men and families where the activities will take place.
Implementation of Activities
- Define, in coordination with the team, the activities work plan related to the support to the IGA-businesses.
- Prepare and carry out group sessions with the Enterprise Development beneficiary
- Establish a work plan with the Enterprise Development beneficiary in order to coordinate, prepare, address and develop a clear training methodology to implement.
- Communication and intermediation with other similar actions from the area of influence of the project.
- Propose solutions and improvements relating to training progress.
- Assist in preparing and updating beneficiary files for each Enterprise Development beneficiary category.
- Assist in preparing monitoring plans and implementation procedures for each activity.
- Participate in the data collection for training activity evaluation or for communication purposes under the supervision of the Head of Project.
Training and Capacity Building
- Training of internal staff, and Enterprise Development beneficiary participating in the action in the specific areas related to entrepreneurial initiative established.
- Elaborate all training materials and work methodology to develop the Business Coaching and mentorship technical work plan with the Enterprise Development beneficiary owners.
- In coordination with the technique of awareness and communication, collaborate promptly in the activities of visibility and awareness of Gaza base.
Participation in Needs Assessments and Capitalisation Exercises
- Analyse and build on field experiences in order to share lessons learned.
- Collect and update context information and households’ vulnerabilities in order to feed the strategy of the department.
- Maintain and promote relations with local authorities, partners, beneficiaries related to Action Against Hunger activities; these activities conducted in collaboration and coordination with the Head of Project and Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager.
- Responsible for the daily follow up visits for the Beneficiaries in the field.
- Collect the completed questionnaires from the field on a daily basis.
- Daily reporting of field activities to the Head of Project (materials delivered, work achieved, beneficiaries’ attendance, obstacles and constraints) taking into consideration reporting requirements and monitoring and/or evaluation tools and indicators
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, Business Administration or any related field.
- Postgraduate in Human Resources; Entrepreneurship; Management of Groups; Marketing and Sales and Communications;
- Livelihoods program implementation, preferably in the Gaza Strip
- Knowledge of business plans (including financial plan) development is a requirement.
- Past experience in the business sector and/or supervising projects focusing on Income Generating Activities will be an asset.
- Proven relevant field experience in food security context in the Gaza Strip (at least 3 years’ experience)
- Experience as coach/mentor, capacity building, preferably coaching of groups, and team building skills.
- Able to generate cohesion among group participants.
- Experience of working with groups in risk of social exclusion and/or disadvantaged communities in the area of intervention.
- Knowledge in humanitarian/emergency or development programming is a plus
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Arabic and English.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on through Apply Now- button below to access to the service.
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 25/09/2018
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted .