Consultant – Microsoft Power BI Senior Developer; HQ Gaza (Local)
UNRWA has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) that aims to enhance livelihood and human development opportunities to Palestine refugees in Gaza. By this new collaboration, UNRWA becomes a provider of Information Management, Technology services and capacity augmentation to UNICC technical team, on a cost recovery basis through IMTD/IT Service Center (ITSC) in HQ-Gaza.
United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) is a UN agency that provides IT services to other UN agencies on a cost recovery basis.
UNRWA Information Management and Technology Department (IMTD) is seeking a Microsoft Power BI Senior Developer who will be responsible for Power BI development and administration. Building Analysis Services reporting models. Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop. Connecting to data sources, importing data, and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
The consultant will report administratively to Head Information Technology Service Centre at Headquarter Gaza and technically to United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC).
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct Power BI development and administration;
- Build Analysis Services reporting models;
- Develop visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop;
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence;
- Responsible for design methodology and project documentation;
- Develop tabular and multidimensional models that are compatible with warehouse standards;
- Developing, publishing, and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements;
- Understand the business requirements and develop data models accordingly by taking care of the resources;
- Prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis;
- Perform other ICT related duties as required.
minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree from an accredited educational institution in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline;
- Minimum five years of experience in Microsoft Power BI;
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack having Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, or SSIS;
- Experience working with a self-service tool, preferably Power BI or Tableau;
- Experienced in SQL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills;
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision;
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity;
- Ability to deliver quality results;
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports
- Proficient in making DAX queries in Power BI desktop;
- Able to implement row level security on data and understand application security layer models in Power BI;
- Expertise in using advance level calculations on the data set;
- Able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation. Also, one must be experienced in developing custom visuals for Power BI.
- Knowledge and skills for secondary tools such as Microsoft Azure, SQL data warehouse, PolyBase, Visual Studio, etc;
- Experience in data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing projects;
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- The duration of the consultancy is 6 to 11 months; extendable according to performance and availability of funds.
- Remuneration for this consultancy will be equivalent to grade 15; $1,600 monthly salary subject to years of experience.
- The incumbent will be based in Gaza.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV or UN Personal History Form demonstrating clearly the knowledge and experience required to meet the consultancy requirements via email@example.com indicating the title of this consultancy “Microsoft Power BI Senior Developer” in the subject line of the message. The deadline for the submission of applications is 17 Sep 2020.
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men. UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.