Private Sector Specialist
|Sector:||Private Sector Development|
|Term Duration:||3 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Location:||Gaza,West Bank & Gaza|
|Required Language(s):||English, Arabic|
|Closing Date:||2/7/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
Job duties and responsibilities
- Serve as team member for lending operations, advisory, and analytical work, and contribute to the delivery and quality of financing and knowledge engagements for the West Bank & Gaza.
- Work on private sector development issues in the West Bank & Gaza. In addition, it will entail engagement in relevant financial sector issues, in close coordination with FCI financial sector experts. The job also involves contributing to FCI activities in other countries.
- Lead and/or support the implementation of ongoing/proposed FCI financing/lending projects and advisory services and analytics (ASAs) and contribute to developing a work program of future financing and ASAs to meet the country’s needs in line with country and GP priorities.
- Engage in country strategic dialogue with clients on the design of policies to promote sound, efficient and inclusive private sector, as well as in consultations with various stakeholders including donors, development partners, civil society and beneficiaries.
- Provide inputs to other GPs on financial / private sector related policies; develop and maintain relationships with clients in government and the private sector as well as other development partners.
The candidate is expected to have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the private sector landscape in West Bank and Gaza, includes opportunities and challenges. Experience having worked outside West Bank and Gaza, or exposure to other markets, would be a plus. The candidate is expected to have a good understanding (and experience) on public policy related to private sector development, notably investment climate / business regulation! Experience in project management is needed.
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Management or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience including working in the consultancy/public sector/international organizations.
- Strong experience and expertise working in Fragile, Conflict and Violence settings and mobilizing tools and instruments tailored to such environment.
- Experience with a broad range of private sector policy and technical issues, with a strong background in private sector development and ability to develop technical skills in finance (notably access to finance for SMEs). Experience of the West Bank & Gaza region financial and private sectors is required.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Strong written and verbal communication
For information about WBG Core Competencies, please visit: http://pubdocs.worldbank.org/en/521791568041235683/WBG-Core-Competencies-Final.pdf