Loan Officer, (LDC)/ ML3B
Deadline for Applications 23 September, 2020
Contract Status Duration Limited Duration Contract for 1 year (applies to external candidates and internal candidates on LDC); renewable; Appointment subject to funding confirmation.
Vacancy Announcement Number & Duty Station andDepartment: VN/WB/80/2020/X Tulkarem Branch - Microfinance Dep.
The main responsibilities include:
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
- Promotes and retails credit to micro-entepreneurs and small businesses through visits to designated local market and industrial areas to support business development by financing working capital and investment opportunities.
- Promotes and retails consumer and housing loans to low-income households through visits to their workplaces and households to provide finance for household assets and home improvement;
- Ensures screening of prospective borrowers, including visiting the businesses and/or households, completing the loan applications, analyzing the loan requests and recommending disbursement;
- Through individual marketing and promotion channels, ensures financing new and repeated loans to increase the size of the portfolio;
- Monitors and leverages an adequate healthy caseload of active borrowers;
- Follows up on payments of performing portfolio to ensure adequate repayment rate;
- In coordination with the relevant MD staff, follows up on payments of bad portfolio from delinquent clients to reduce its volume.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Conditions of service
Limited Duration Contract (LDC- Band ML3B) Monthly basic salary USD 846.60 depending on the professional knowledge and experience. Other benefits include compulsory medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave pre-rated to the duration of the contract where less than one year, and family allowance (if applicable).
- Possession of a valid driving license.
- Willingness to work beyond regular working hours.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
Education Completion of a two-year post secondary diploma in accountancy, business, marketing or other related commercial discipline.
Work experience Completion of three years of relevant working experience, including in microfinance (as a Loan Officer), sales or marketing.
Language(s) Good command of spoken and written Arabic and English.
Equivalency: Candidates with an equivalent combination of relevant academic qualifications, professional training and progressive work experience may also be considered.
You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to work within a team.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and marketing skills.
- Customer focus with commercial judgment.
- Familiarity with the local market needs.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Ability to cope with change and pressure.
A first university degree in business administration, accountancy or economics OR relevant years of experience in sales, marketing, or banking is preferred.
Applicants should be resident of Tulkarem Governorate.
How to apply
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.