Physiotherapist, Grade HL03
Deadline for Applications: 15 April 2020
Contract type & Duration: Fixed-term appointment of 3 years including 1 year probation
period, with the possibility of further extension, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need of the post.
Vacancy Announcement Number :VN/WB/027/2020/X
Duty Station & Department : Qalqilia Hospital– Healt
The main responsibilities include:
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
- Performs physical rehabilitation treatment to patients suffering from functional impairments referred by UNRWA Medical Officers including therapeutic assessment, establishment and implementation of appropriate plan of treatment to the patient.
- Assists senior physiotherapist in the early detection of disabilities and functional impairments among at-risk groups and in performing complicated physical rehabilitation interventions like nerve injuries as may required.
- Brings to the attention of senior physiotherapist or medical officers such cases that may require referral.
- Trains and instructs patients and their family members on home programme and home care to develop self reliance and conducts home visits as required.
- Performs cleaning and disinfection of physiotherapy tools and equipment.
- Maintains records of patients treated at the Agency’s physiotherapy clinic and provides statistical data on the operation of the clinic using the E-Health information system.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Conditions of service Monthly basic salary USD 1,431.50, payable in JD at UN monthly exchange rate. Other benefits include:
- Provident Fund contribution (15.2% of basic salary paid by the Agency).
- Dependency allowances (if applicable).
- 30 days of annual leave.
- Compulsory medical insurance
To qualify for this position, you will need:
Education A University Degree from a recognized university in Physiotherapy. Possession of a license to practice physiotherapy services (where applicable).
Work experience At least three years working experience in providing physiotherapy services. Experience in the use of computers and an understanding of their use in health applications.
Language(s) Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Arabic.
You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Good communication skills and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients.
- Good Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and cope with heavy workload.
- Adequate computer skills.
- Self-motivated and shows willingness to learn from others.
- Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences.
- Acts in accordance with the professional ethics and values.
For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews:
How to apply
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.ps by creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.ps will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.