Position Title: Project Assistant
The Gaza Culture and Development Group (GCDG) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization established in 1990 by a group of Palestinian intellectuals aiming at promoting cultural awareness for all categories of the society. The association works on achieving sustainable development to achieve a better and sustainable future for all. It is officially registered with the Palestinian Ministry of Interior under No. 7288 since 2003. (GCDG) is recruiting a qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Project Assistant
Position Type: Full time (100 %)
Location: Gaza culture and development group (GCDG), Gaza
Duration: 12 months subject to be extended based of fund availability and performance evaluation.
Expected starting Date: Based on fund secure, Expected: November 2023.
Reports to: Project Manager.
Assisting the project coordinator in implementing the project work plan to meet the project objectives.
Providing administrative support to project manager, including scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and preparing reports.
Follow up implementing of activities with partners through trainings, meetings, workshops, campaigns, open days and other project activities.
Organize meetings, workshops, and trainings as requested.
Participation of the project coordinator in the effective coordination of project activities in line with the various components of the project, and with the relevant stakeholders.
Follow up the implementation of workshops for children in partnership with various partners.
Commitment to attend all trainings and meetings related to the project and submit reports to project coordinator.
Preparing all administrative papers and weekly plans for the team and handing them over to the supervisor.
Follow up on project financial statement, payments and financial reports with the participation of the project and finance officer.
Participate in procurement in terms of planning, commissions and reports.
Maintain effectively project participant’s database and produce reader-friendly presentations.
Participate in feeding the project reports, sharing field challenges, complaints, success & best practices.
Maintain efficient project documentation and archiving system of project.
Assisting in preparing the success stories, case studies and media coverage.
Support the implementation of MEAL activities in coordination with the MEAL Coordinator at Carrying out any other works assigned to him/her related to the project activities.
Conduct field visits to clubs to monitor work.
Participating in identifying the needs of clubs.
Participating in selecting the beneficiary.
Any other tasks requested by direct supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor degree from an accredited university in Social Sciences, Engineering, Business Administration, Development, or related field.
• At least 3 years of experience in projects Assisting and coordination and management and field work with NGOs or INGOs.
• Ability to work under pressure, independently and with minimum supervision, and as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic.
• Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel).
Overall, a Project Assistant plays a critical role in supporting the successful completion of projects, ensuring that project teams are organized, on schedule, and meeting their objectives
• Gaza culture and development group (GCDG) is mainstreaming of the gender concept.
• Female and persons with disability candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
• Interested candidates should submit their CVs, cover letter, certificates, and supporting documents in English through:
• Deadline for applications: 15-10-2023 at 12:00 PM.
• Any Arabic applications or applications that doesn’t fulfill the requested requirements or applications after 15-10-2023 will be ignored.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.