Consultant – Software Quality Assurance Engineer,
HQ Gaza (Local)
UNRWA Information Management and Technology Department (IMTD) is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to work closely with the business and development teams to create corresponding test plans, quality standards, and strategies for the on-going projects; participate in the constant improvement of IMTD test automation and continuous integration practices.
The consultant will be working closely with one of the Senior Functional Experts managing software development projects at UNRWA HQ Amman.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as an integral member of an Agile/DevOps cross-functional team to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle;
- Review and analyze system specifications to identify testing requirements;
- Prepare test plan that covers functional, and non-functional requirements;
- Design and create manual and automated test scripts;
- Execute test scripts (manual and automated) and review results;
- Evaluate product code according to specifications, standards and applicable norms;
- Report defects, bugs and errors to development teams in a precise and concise way;
- Report and document tests results for each software version;
- Conduct post-release/post-implementation testing;
- Continuously improve testing processes and strategies to increase automation and code coverage;
- Write weekly status report for management team.
minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree from an accredited educational institution in computer science or Software Development;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software testing;
- DevOps mindset and good understanding of continuous integration principles, including unit testing, automated deployment, real-time testing and diagnostics;
- Expertise in automating test cases with latest tools and frameworks (Selenium, JMeter, Katalon Studio, etc);
- Understanding of design patterns, UML;
- Solid understanding of system security and data protection best practices;
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong ability to drive for results, to manage and deliver against multiple priorities on time;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; verbal and written;
- Excellent planning and organizing skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Software Quality Assurance and Testing related certifications;
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum/ DevOps team;
- Experience in MS TFS or Git, and Azure DevOps
- Web applications development using ASP.Net, Angular, and MS SQL Server
- Use of project management software.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- The duration of the consultancy is 6 to 11 months with the expected start date of July 2020.
- Remuneration for this consultancy will depend on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
- The incumbent will be based in Gaza.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV or UN Personal History Form demonstrating clearly the knowledge and experience required to meet the consultancy requirements via email@example.com indicating the title of this consultancy “Software Quality Assurance Engineer, HQ Gaza (Local)” in the subject line of the message. The deadline for the submission of applications is 13 June 2020.
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men. UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.
03 June 2020