Consultants Services – 03/2021
The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research has received a grant from the World Bank, for the benefit of Education to Work Transition Project-Additional Financing. A major component of this project is The Quality Improvement Fund (QIF), which is overseen by QIF Board. The main objective of QIF is to provide support for improving the quality of Palestinian tertiary education institutions and programs in the aim of developing market-driven programs in line with international standards, developing income-generating programs, and enhancing teaching practices and methodologies. QIF is established on a competitive basis, open to eligible tertiary institutions in Palestine. QIF is being administered out of the MOHE by a small staff accountable to a centralized Board representative of appropriate stakeholders.
MOHE intends to apply part of the proceeds for the following individual consultant service:
Position: Strategic Planning Consultant for QIF Projects
Main Tasks, Responsibilities & Scope of Work: The consultant will be expected to work closely with the MoHE, the QIF team, the Project Coordination Unit (PCU) and the legal advisor consultant to develop and analyze organization structure and strategic plan of the current QIF system and submit an integrated framework & organization structure to the MOHE in both Arabic and English languages, meeting all standard integrity procedures.
- Develop a detailed action plan and schedule for work. Draft will be shared with MOHE team and feedback will be incorporated by the consultant to the satisfaction of the MOHE team before starting work.
- Conduct detailed consultation with MOHE, PCU, AQAC, QIF board and QIF teams and any other stakeholders for a proposal of the QIF organizational structure.
- Conduct a comprehensive SWOT analysis for the establishment of the QIF unit.
- Review and update the existing QIF manual according to the proposed structure.
- Operations manual: description, mission & vision, organization structure, management flow, services provided, establishment requirements, consolidation, regulations, policies, procedures, functions, and operational forms.
- Financials: budget, feasibility, productivity, capacity & cost analysis.
- Supporting Documents: SWOT Analysis.
- Develop a full five- year strategic plan for the newly institutionalized QIF.
Essential Required Qualifications, Skills, knowledge, and Competencies
- A minimum of a master’s degree in strategic planning, management, organization, business administration or a relevant field with ten years of work experience or a master’s degree in the above mentioned fields with five years of work experience in the area relevant to the sought consultancy.
- Experience in strategic business planning and organization structure with at least three similar assignments with success record.
- Experience in designing/ writing up manuals, policies, and procedures.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of organizations and public sector or business administration.
- Knowledge of Palestinian tertiary education system.
- Excellent English language and writing skills.
- Excellent project & tasks management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Time Frame & Level of Effort
The assignment's estimated duration for a strategic planning consultant is 100 working days within a time frame of 6 months between June 2021 and December 2021.
Interested consultants may refer to the detailed Terms of Reference from www.palpcu.ps. Applications including (Cover letter, applicant CV describing similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.) must be delivered to email@example.com no later than June 21h, 2021