Position Title: Project Coordinator.
Duration: 11 months with the possibility of extension.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Location: Gaza Strip
The Palestinian Employment Fund (PEF) is a national institution was established by Presidential Decree No. 9 of 2003 as a national institution with legal personality and financial authority to contribute to economic growth by activating and motivating labor market policies, as well as implementing programs and projects aimed at creating and generating sustained job opportunities.
PEF is seeking an experienced Project Coordinator with proven experience in employment and income-generating interventions, to oversee the operations and management of its project with assistance from the programs and projects department. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for attaining specific outcomes within a designated time frame as well as implementing the project's activities, ensuring that the work quality is high, and all project documentation is accurate. Additionally, he will ensure the project complies with PEF and donors’ regulations, including procurement, finance, and administration.
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensuring effective project implementation by maintaining the delivery of appropriate technical, operational, and administrative outputs, while tracking the project’s progress through effective monitoring.
- Collaborate with the project team to collect relevant data and maintain an up-to-date database of project participants for effective monitoring and reporting.
- Take the lead in coordinating project activities in the designated area, including organizing training sessions, workshops, and meetings, and facilitating communication among project stakeholders.
- Contribute to building strong partnerships with the implementing partners and relevant stakeholders, focusing on the achievement of the project objective.
- Adhere to PEF and donors’ policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Prepare the contractual agreements with implementing partners and beneficiaries.
- Conduct regular coordination and quality assurance of experts, trainers and coaches’ inputs and products, as well as among project partners to ensure coherence and complementarity of project activities.
- Liaison and regular communication on relevant project issues with the local counterparts, consultants, partners and experts and ensure quality and timely delivery of all agreed outputs.
- Submitting project progress and ad hoc reports (progress against planned activities, an update on risks issues, expenditures…) and ensuring timely reporting. The developed reports are expected to be of good quality with proper analysis of the results.
- Ensure compilation and synthesis of lessons learned and best practices throughout project implementation.
- Carry out the activities on a day-to-day basis, and coordinate the implementation of the respective activities based on the relevant project document, including, as needed, supervision and guidance of other project staff, consultants and experts with a view to achieving project results and conducting needed visits.
- Develop comprehensive/detailed project work plans that include all project activities and roles and responsibilities of the stakeholders and set-out corresponding milestones; as well as ensure the timely and quality delivery of planned project activities.
- Responsible for the progress of implementation of project activities and key event schedules, reviewing the work- plans and set deadlines, and monitoring the financial resources to ensure the accuracy and reliability of financial reports.
- Manage and monitor project risks initially identified, submitting information on the new risks and possible mitigating measures to the Project Board for consideration and updating the status of these risks by maintaining a Project Risk Log.
- Assume responsibilities in line with the PEF line manager and act as a `first authority` for Project transactions.
- Ensure the adherence of project activities to the existing financial, procurement and administrative processes that are in line with prevailing donor rules and regulations and, at the same time, observe the project timelines.
- Work closely with the project team, providing support and coordination to achieve project objectives collectively.
- Ensure that accessibility for persons with disabilities is reflected in all project activities.
- Prepare and finalize all project documents in the English version.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Agriculture, business administration, public administration, Media & Communications, or any relevant fields.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in working with international development projects.
- Significant knowledge of self-employment
- Skills and Competencies Requirements
- Demonstrated ability and experience in self-employment project management and overseeing community development projects (including designing, preparing submissions to donors, monitoring, reporting, evaluating, and partnership building), especially in a region with high levels of ongoing conflict.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, especially of project budgets including planning, monitoring, currency exchange, acquittals, and reporting.
- Creativity and innovation in implementation and managing new projects.
- Leadership abilities and experience in working successfully in a team environment, including the ability to handle conflicting urgent priorities, and difficulties in working relationships with partner organizations.
- Excellent communication, representation, networking, administration, and negotiating skills.
- Empathetic and sensitive approach to understanding the needs of project participants.
- Problem-solving abilities to address challenges during project implementation.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in diverse cultural environments.
- Proactive and self-driven with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Language proficiency (in speaking, reading, and writing) in both English and Arabic.
- Demonstrated knowledge, awareness and understanding of issues relating to the current context of the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and data management tools, proficiency in project programs and applications for planning, visualization and analysis.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application as per the following
- Cover Letter – outlining the key qualifications and relevant skills/experience.
- CV or Resume
- Please indicate the position title in the email subject line, and include the project name “Promoting Household Green Farming for Income Generation”
Please submit your complete application at: firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than 03/10/2023.
Applications will only be accepted until day 03/10/2023
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
The Palestinian Employment Fund (PEF) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages females to apply for all position.