Finance and Administration Assistant/4389
Duration : For 12 months with possibility of extension
Start date : ASAP
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
Gaza Office staff is supported on the application of Action Against Hunger financial procedures, guidelines, controls and national requirements.
Effective compliance is required to effectively manage the finance of the mission, closing of accounts, and harmonization of processes and procedures between departments and finalize the digitalization of the organization in finance and admin matters
Key activities in your role will include
Assist the correct accounting and finance Management:
- Manage the petty cash in appropriate manner daily.
- Prepare cash and bank books for the Gaza office and sending these to the finance and administration officer on a monthly basis, and enter expenses to the accounting software using the correct analytical codes.
- Collect, classify and record AAH expenses’ receipts in accordance with internal regulations and generally-accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare the bank reconciliation and cash counts.
- Submit in a weekly and monthly basis the accountancy to the Finance and Administration Officer and the Capital Accountant.
- Prepare all payment documents after validation of the Finance and Administration Officer and request receipts from the different parties.
- Follow up on monthly accountancy, submit original documents to Capital after having been scanned and filing.
- Support the Finance and Administration Officer during the audit (internal and/or external audits).
- Support in the treasury forecast based on project and office needs.
- Support in partner management through the follow up the financial documents and report to Finance and Administration Officer.
- Support updating the e-FMT and BFU when needed.
- Support the Finance and Administration Officer in financial reporting when required.
Compile other administrative duty:
- Miscellaneous reception duties such as greeting visitors to the office and logging requests for information.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and giving information to callers, taking messages or transferring calls to appropriate individuals.
- Register and distributing internal correspondence.
- Typing and sending letters on request or as required.
- Organize and maintaining paper and electronic files, folders, archives, books and any sort of documentation in order to comply with Action Against Hunger archiving policy.
- Regularly organizing and updating the telephone book and making it available in a visible place in the office.
- Copy and scan documents as required.
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Translate documents as required.
- Other miscellaneous duties that are inherent to the position and requested according to mission needs.
- Those duties that is inherent to the position and requested according to missions’ needs and context.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or any related field.
- Technical knowledge in Administrative Management & Accounting. Basic Knowledge about Logistics.
- Minimum 1-year experience in finance and administration related field.
- Experience in working with Agresso accountancy software is a plus
- Experience in local partners management is a plus
- At least 1 year of professional experience in a similar role in an NGO or INGO
- Previous/Current experience with Action Against Hunger an asset.
- Very good in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English is a must
- Good knowledge in Windows MSOffice, medium level of MS Excel compulsory.
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 29/11/2020
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.