Position Title: Procurement Assistant
Direct Supervisor: Finance Officer
Position Type: Regular Employment – Full time
Location: Palestinian fund for Employment and Social Protection /Ramallah office.
Duration: Eight months.
The Palestinian Fund for Employment and Social Protection for Workers (PFESP) was established by Presidential Decree No. 9 of 2003 as a national institution with legal personality and independent financial authority to support economic development by activating and motivating labor market policies, and implementing programs and projects aimed at creating and generating permanent employment opportunities. The Fund was adopted as reference and national umbrella for the entire employment operation by the Council of Ministers’ decisions issued in 2014 and 2016 in this regard.
PFESP is seeking a competent Procurement Assistant to undertake procurement activities of the project “Enhancing Local Food Security for Most Vulnerable Households Affected by COVID-19 across Gaza strip” which implemented by PFESP Gaza and funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) as part of the Strengthening the Resilience of Gaza’s Population Project. The Procurement Assistant will be responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing the project procurement functions and monitors procurement implementation according to GIZ and PFESP procurement procedures, and the Palestinian General Procurement Law. The procurement assistant will be part time at 80% on the above-mentioned project which funded by BMZ through GIZ, and will be part time at 20% for PFESP work.
- Develop, update, and monitor the project procurement plan.
- Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance with the provisions of the Legal Agreements and GIZ & PFESP procurement guidelines.
- Draft pre-qualification documents for works, goods, and services.
- Establish and maintain filing and documentation system for the procurement documents related to the project.
- Be directly responsible for all procurement reviews, post and prior.
- Supports the Financial Officer in matters relating to overall accounting functions of the project.
- Ensure full support documentation for all transactions and in compliance with the institution’s and donor's policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly bank and cash reconciliations.
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related business field. Additional qualifications or professional degrees in the field are an advantage.
- At least 1-year proven experience in related fields.
- The ability to work under pressure. Within teamwork arrangements.
- Conscientious- detailed oriented, accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, and professional in Excel, PowerPoint, internet, BISAN accounting software).
- Excellent communication and coordination skills, with strong personality.
- Excellent planning and administration skills.
- Maintains a positive attitude and high standards of performance
- Passionate about the job - Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Hard-working- takes initiative.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter no later than August 12th , 2020 to the following email:
Please indicate the position title in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.